The Cadets at Quarterfinals

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it should have stayed. They broke the rules, they get penalized. End of story. (Regardless of the negligence of the field crew...Cavies did just fine with no hash marks).

Mr. Hopkins ASKED a JUDGE if he could leave the field and have the hashmarks repinated. The JUDGE said YES!

As far as the Cavies doing fine on the field without hasmarks, since Cavies are known for their marching, whose to say with all the awesome marching the Cavies didn't remove the hashmarks. Sure, they were there when the Cavies took the field. Were they there after the cavies left?

By no means am I blaming the Cavies, I'm just saying. The Cavies march all over the field. Just because the hashmarks were there when the Cavies TOOK the field doesn't mean they were there AFTER the Cavies left the field.

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp:

I'm not for encourage people to do anything. Harrold99, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you're very smart.

Tnank you, all i try to say is: if you keep writing stuff like that and not only you but a lot of people, this will have influence on other people.

It's called the Crowd Behvior Theory (Freud) or Colelctive Behavior ((Robert E. Park), psychology...

Edited by harrold99

Most people who are in town for the show won't even read my stupid crappy posts, anyway.

He's from the Netherlands, perhaps his English is not as good as those from America?

And, i maybe have some errors in my typing now and then (fat fingers) and some sentence that won't be proper English, but i think you still understand what i try to say.....if you don't, just tell me.

Edited by harrold99

I'm sorry the line painting cart didn't run over their microphone cables.

What about the Bluecaots microphone cables?

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp:

At no time was Mr. Hopkins anything but respectful of the contest director and the situation.

What do you call taunting the crowd and showing up the chairman on the 50-yard line?

Wow- didn't expect to wake up to this...

The crowd response to "this incident" (read- the Cadets) doesn't surprise me at all. It was bound to happen as many so called drum corps fans have been itching to boo the Cadets all year and now they can even convince themselves they were justified in doing so. whatever.

It seems after reading the announcement from DCI that "they" were the ones that didn't hold up their end of the bargain and repaint the hash marks as agreed. Yet, somehow this is all Geo Hopkins' fault. Unbelievable. fwiw- imo, DCI did the right thing by backing off their knee jerk reaction to penalize for their own omission.

I dont agree with everything Hopkins does but him taking a stand for the Cadets is what he is suppose to do. If he's not looking out for them who the heck is? I suppose a better director would simply not say anything for fear of causing a stir. Not in my book.

I'm sure the members of the Cadets are just fine and dandy this morning and the people who booed are pleased to have publically shown their lack of class so all is good once again in drum corps land.

Why bother writing anything when you can just display your banner and say the same thing?