Who earned the BIGGEST APPLAUSE for QF?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody tell me what the "let's try it without voice" thing was all about? People keep referring to it but I have no idea what it is...

Well, I have not actually heard this show revision so others can elaborate. My understanding is that as a wink to the drum corps public, Cadets who are well aware of the controversy stirred by their narration have cleared narration from a small portion of the show and featured brass and percussion alone.

In Portland OR

It was Crown (in a big way), followed by SCV, Phantom, Blue Knights and Cavs - with some slight applause and laughs for the 'no voice' Cadet section, and a few extremely vocal BD fans (that's nice, but they can't hear you and you annoy the rest of us by yelling, thanks)

Well, I have not actually heard this show revision so others can elaborate. My understanding is that as a wink to the drum corps public, Cadets who are well aware of the controversy stirred by their narration have cleared narration from a small portion of the show and featured brass and percussion alone.

They say "now lets try and rehearse something with noooooo voice". The funny thing is, this little section (which is over a minute long i think) has never had any voice in it :worthy:

& lots of laughter from a close up in Blueknights.

ah yes - we got that reaction in Atlanta too

in our theater I'd have to say..

Crown, Phantom and BD got the biggest, in that order

also very solid applause for Vanguard, Boston, Bluecoats, Cavies and (of course) Spirit

In raleigh, Crown of course. What I am wondering, is when they will get their due from the JUDGES, who seem to resist putting Crown where they are ACTUALLY performing, which is top 3 (IMO). not a crown homer, here, either. i am a cadet borg or sorts, i guess. what harloff is doing with those people at crown is AMAZING. Hats off to them.