2007 DCI World Champions!

Yes we are running a great trend here in DCI. Last year a corps won by playing a whole show of sound effects. This year a corps won by playing either LOUD or drum transitions.............with a ballad that consisted 99% of whole notes, half notes, and quarter notes.

Yes - I am floored by the awesome music prowess of the past 2 DCI champions.

It wouldn't be a morning after finals without a Regiment fan expressing their contempt for the scoring system that "conspires" to keep their beloved corps down. Now I know that all is right with the world. :P

Congrats BD on a solid win.

Countdown to the first "2008 Cadets and Narration" thread opening is now at T-minus 29 days and counting...

Edited by mobrien

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be a morning after finals without a Regiment fan expressing their contempt for the scoring system that "conspires" to keep their beloved corps down. Now I know that all is right with the world. :P

Countdown to the first "2008 Cadets and Narration" thread opening is now at T-minus 29 days and counting...

heh! More like "T-minus 29 MINUTES and counting..."

Congratulations Blue Devils. Didn't see them live this year, but obviously it must have been a great championship show!

Brilliant show. Incredibly beautiful, poignant and appropriate tribute to Blue Devils history and fitting that it should be on your anniversary AND that finals were in Cali!

I believe......... this was one of Wayne Downey's greatest masterpieces in brass arranging.

That's kind of the point -

Thanks, everyone - see you next year.

Go BD!

regards - Jim

I am humbled you chose to reply to my post with yours, it's a great one.

grats

It wouldn't be a morning after finals without a Regiment fan expressing their contempt for the scoring system that "conspires" to keep their beloved corps down. Now I know that all is right with the world. tongue.gif

...I kind of agree with his sentiments, I'm a Regiment alumn, and I was actually pulling for Cadets to get it in the end. So, be careful where you throw those stereotypes. :)

Wow...

Blue Devils show had a few "gak! gak!" moments, but the show overall is a great 50th anniversary present to alums and fans. The opener is just amazing.

Thanks, BD, for giving me a championship show that I can rock out to on CD in the car.

Go for the bakers dozen next year. :)

Yes we are running a great trend here in DCI. Last year a corps won by playing a whole show of sound effects. This year a corps won by playing either LOUD or drum transitions.............with a ballad that consisted 99% of whole notes, half notes, and quarter notes.

Yes - I am floored by the awesome music prowess of the past 2 DCI champions.

Are you sure you don't wanna edit in the ever-trendy "I know who's repertoire will be on my playlist this off-season?" :blink:

Congratulations on a job well done this season!!!