2008 Predictions

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would make for a really fun off-season if DCI published rosters so we could see retention rates, comparative talent, etc. They might see more parody, too, because then auditioners could see where the holes are. I have no idea if this is true, but several of BD friends who've marched the drum line are under the impression many vets ending selling out to a BD audition only to get turned away after a few camps, thus they end up not marching at all. What did Tom Float once say? They usually have 300 people vying for a handful of open spots on the snare line each year? That's astounding. And to think some of these guys could march center for other good D1 corps.

They might see more parity too.

DCIGUY ........ No, Im not implying that Pioneer beats Capital Regiment....... Im pulling for both teams though. I would love to see Cap Reg push into top 12 and I would also love to see Pioneer build on what they have done this year....

I don't think your response was one of " hate " so don't worry that I 'll take it in that vein. I do place a lot of stock in my predictions on historical trends. I do believe in this as my predictions for next year. I do think the predictions were not wild eyed. For instance, I don't have the Glassmen winning the Title, or The Cavaliers to finish in 11th. You havn't told us which Corps you believe will finish where either. What is your more " forward thinking" predictions that might differ than mine ? Just asking.

Yeah, and I said PR would win this year based on the whole 8-8-7-6-5-4-5-3-2 thing. Takes a gun to win a gun fight, and Regiment showed up with a knife. A very big knife, but a knife nonetheless. And when you pull out that knife, you'd better not wait to pull out the knife until the guy with the gun has put 6 slugs in you and is reloading. Tough to win when your calendar is based on a final product being ready for Labor Day rather than finals. Check out the BIG 3 and compare strategy and results.

I DID say that Cadets wanted back into the top 3 really, really bad, and they made me look pretty observant if not a tad smart.

Picked Crossmen in 10th despite also picking this year as VERY competitive. Hard to move 1,500 miles, remain competitive, and move up 5 spaces all at the same time WHEN EVERYONE IN FRONT OF YOU WANTS TO DO THE SAME THING!

Didn't have a clue about Academy. Or Blue Stars for that matter. Or Colts. Or Madison.

Picked Bloooo in 4th--right on, until quarterfinals!

Picked SCV around 7th--right on, until quarterfinals!

Didn't see Crown in 6th--until quarterfinals!

I'm not making any specific predictions like I did last year, mostly because my picks for this year look a lot like your for next year--suspiciously like the most recent finals rankings!

Will be interesting to discuss some other things. See my thread on 2008 discussion...not predictions!

2008 Predictions are INSTANT DEATH The DAY AFTER 2007 FINALS I THINK THIS Happens every year

HERES MY PREDICTION:

The Cadets as well as several other corps will with an electronic keyboard in their pit.

Hows that?

Edited by CoreyD

Maybe its just my blind faith, but I really feel like if madison pulls it together they will be in the top 10! Other then that I expect it will be the usual top 6 give or take!