Why the Cadets should have won

As I was standing in my retreat block waiting for the scores to be finished so I could play the Chicken Dance during ATB (no, i didn't really do that, but I probably should have), all I really wanted was for the Cadets to win. I thought they earned it, they probably had the best show in the top 12. Granted, I didn't see their finals performance since I was too busy crying and eating Mentos, I'm pretty sure they probably did a pretty top notch job. Besides, This I Believe was lightyears ahead of BD or anything anyone else in the upper tier (lets say the top 10) were doing this year. Just like Star in 1993, they'll get their credit somewhere down the line. Anyway, that's my ramble, I think everyone can safely agree that the Cadets should have won. Good show guys, good show.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a huge Cavies fan, I was hoping they would win. But I didn't hold my breath, haha. After finally realizing that my beloved favorite corps would not win, I was hoping The Cadets would win. Between BD and Cadets, I feel that The Cadets had a more entertaining show. Their show generated some kind of response from everyone- whether it was love, hate, anger, etc. On the other hand, I felt that BD couldn't get any reaction out of some. Personally, I was bored with BD. I don't love The Cadets show either. The narration, while it improved over the season, wasn't as good as it could have been. I give credit to both corps for performing so well during Finals week.

As I was standing in my retreat block waiting for the scores to be finished so I could play the Chicken Dance during ATB (no, i didn't really do that, but I probably should have), all I really wanted was for the Cadets to win. I thought they earned it, they probably had the best show in the top 12. Granted, I didn't see their finals performance since I was too busy crying and eating Mentos, I'm pretty sure they probably did a pretty top notch job. Besides, This I Believe was lightyears ahead of BD or anything anyone else in the upper tier (lets say the top 10) were doing this year. Just like Star in 1993, they'll get their credit somewhere down the line. Anyway, that's my ramble, I think everyone can safely agree that the Cadets should have won. Good show guys, good show.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Of course, I do believe that BD had an awesome inspiring show. However Cadets just had that "touch" that made me believe they could take it.

Everything was awesome. ($1 to Dave Caravella)

I appreciate you stating your opinion .. the one I have the most problem with is it being the Best show in the top 10. There were a few other designs out there that I felt had a leg up on what the Cadets offered this year. I can think of 3 in the 5-7 range that were better concepts, 2 of which were better designs. I'm not saying the marching and playing ability of YEA! wasn't impressive .. because it was. They asked a lot more of their membership than the other 3 I mentioned .. but total show concept and design????? NO! I don't agree that they were the best .. not by a long shot.

I agree that Cadets 07 is similar to Star 1993 in that the best corps of the evening didn't win because of unpopular design elements, but I don't think this show will ever be held up on a pedestal like Star's. At least I hope not.

I was actually pretty touched by the Cadets show. I mean, to be perfectly honest, if you didn't like it you probably have a brain

fixed... :P

I must be soulless...it didn't touch me at all. It was preachy, sophmoric, and cornucopic...it was telling me how I'm supposed to feel...it was condescending and overbearing. Sadly, I also feel that horn/percussion/guard wise, they were the most talented group on the field. With no or very little narration, Cadets win this show...

I believe the show like Star of 93will get credit 4 or 5 years down the road when everyone is trying to do what Cadets did this year. Hey though its like Karma 93 Star was way better than Cadets 93 especially finals night and look what happened. 93 Cadets was great, but inovation wise and pushing the envelope not even close to Star and Star was cleanier too. Gee sound familier from the other night? Like 93 knowone will really talk about BD's show ten years from now they will be talking and drum corps kids will be listening to Cadets 07 saying how sweet they were and how everyone was booing them just like we talked about star of 93 when I marched. When you think of 93 you think of Star of Indiana. You don't think about Cadets and sorry BD fans that is your fate also. People will remember Cadets show more than they will remember yours or your championship. what goes around comes around I guess.