Why did The Cadets taunt the audience?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, if they inserted "I believe in hash marks" they would have won the crowd over including me and I bleed blue.

LOL!!! Demented minds think alike... I leaned over to my friend on finals night and said the exact same thing. If I were director of the Cadets, that's what they would have said. Then again, if I were director of the Cadets, they wouldn't have made finals night...so there you go.

I say the Cadets had EVERY RIGHT to say what they wanted to say. I mean after all the boos and so on, they need to communicate to the audience somehow.

In all seriousness, if they inserted "I believe in hash marks" they would have won the crowd over including me and I bleed blue.

We actually toyed around with that during rehearsal on Semis day. Did a few reps in ensemble with the quote "Alright, let's try something WITH hash marks." Most of the members in the corps REALLY wanted it put in, but a few of us (myself included) thought that doing so would be in poor taste. I really enjoyed that we made fun of ourselves with the "no voice" quote though!

Michael Terry

Cadets Baritone 2000-2007

We actually toyed around with that during rehearsal on Semis day. Did a few reps in ensemble with the quote "Alright, let's try something WITH hash marks." Most of the members in the corps REALLY wanted it put in, but a few of us (myself included) thought that doing so would be in poor taste. I really enjoyed that we made fun of ourselves with the "no voice" quote though!

Michael Terry

Nice to hear from someone who marched the show. From one bari to another, congratulations! While I still don't care for the narration and thought it was over the top, it was still a fantastic performance and I would've had no problem if you guys had pulled off the win.

Michael Terry

Cool. I mentioned this to my wife on Friday before your show that I thought it would be funny to say something about the hash marks. Hard to say what the reaction would have been, but I think the audience would have appreciated the humor.

Can you add some insight, though, as to why the "no voice" line was taken out on Friday and then re-inserted on Saturday. Was it just an oversight? Was it going to be gone for good, but then you decided to put it back in? I'm just curious because I did notice the change and stuff like that always intrigues me.

Michael Terry

You guys made the right call.... because the Cadets exemplify class. :worthy::beer:

Great job this season.