Auditioning for Div. 1

As far as I know, it's still Spirit for the Bassline.

Yup.

I'm so excited.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmeeeeh...

there's nothing on the Glassmen website yet, but i kind of hope they aren't the 24th-25th too... i'd been hoping to go to the Bluecoats camp as well.

The real problem here is that i have no idea how i compare to the standards set. I know i'm good on my instrument and good with marching technique.. but i don't know how good exactly. So given the possible coinciding dates of different camps as well as the fees, travel expenses, and drive times... deciding where i'm going to audition is looking like it's going to be more involved than i thought.

I'm going to be smart about this and not name names. I have more than a few years left, and i really don't know where i'm going to audition. i'm stuck between the corps i've marched for a few years now, and an upper level corps . The corps i'm a vet at is really big on loyalty, so i know if i even try to audition at the higher one, i've lost my old one forever. Sadly, even though i hated at my old corps at time, i know it'd be the worst feeling in the world if i didn't like it, or got cut at the new/higher one, and ended up shunned from my old/original corps.

sorry if that's confusing but i think some people understand where i'm coming from.

anyone else have this problem?

I'm gonna go back to the Mandarins for my second season of DCI, there's a brass clinic on the 15th. Not audies though. I'm pretty excited for next year cause I'm gonna bring a lot of my friends from school down, because this past season I was the only one from my school, other than the 2 years graduated drum major. I didn't know anybody, even though that won't be a problem for me now anyways, I still want to bring as many people down as possible.

holy crap, where did i say that the blue stars are BETTER than the scouts? hmm? where?

You didn't at any point. Anyways,

I plan on auditioning for a Division 1. Yeah not much more to say than that. Oh... it'll on on euphonium. So that means no Cavaliers or Boston, so you can narrow it down from there.

Edited by no_itsnotadash

You didn't at any point. Anyways,

I plan on auditioning for a Division 1. Yeah not much more to say than that. Oh... it'll on on euphonium. So that means no Cavaliers or Boston, so you can narrow it down from there.

Boston is getting a brand new set of King horns, of which will be set of euphoniums and 12 new contras...

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

Yes, euphoniums. Wayne Dillon is pretty much turning that brass line around..

Good to hear.. I think lines that play all baris sound louder (Cadets) but maybe not with quite the same richness or tone (Phantom, Bluecoats, SCV). Each have their pro's and cons.. it's up to you which sound you like best.

With all baris I think it is significantly easier to tune with the lower pitches.... being on the exact same instrument the upper voices can listen better for the exact tonality on a different pitch.. as well as the valve/pitch ratios are more similiar.. But through a summer of work and playing with eachother the Euph hornlines tend to finally figure it out and produce that richness that the bari lines just don't/can't have.