Coolest Drill Move of 2007

I think the words you are looking for are "doppler" and "effect." :)

Actually the Doppler effect is when the relative velocity of a sound source changes the frequency of the sound perceived by the listener (or the frequency bouncing back from clouds for the weatherman). A horn line would really have to haul ### to make a noticeable change.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything mentioned so far brings back good memories.

Some drill moments that weren't spectacular but I found effective/satisfying were:

- Madison's whack-a-mole move where all the brass are in a tight block and jump up and down in seemingly random fashion for a few seconds.

- Blue Stars at the end of the ballad where the single contra backs into the block form during the last note.

- Colts where the brass are marching towards the left in a tight block after the winter storm guard girl at the beginning of that harsh musical section... maybe someone can tell me the name of the musical selection.

The Madison beginning of the show was awesome, including the superman type pose that they did while playing.

Phantom running at the end of their show while playing so beautifully they sound like their standing still.

Crown's whole end of their show from the William Tell to the end including to rectangle that had half the box doing this step that took a full measure, while the other half is going regular time and then the opposite.

Those are the three that have stood out from the rest in my mind.

I like all of these. Here's more:

Cavaliers - the block that separates when going around the soloist to expose him.

Cavaliers - end of opener where the guys ripple the rolling on the ground to "fill in" the block.

SCV - the soloist in the opener randomly moves left from the form, plays the solo, then marches 'solo' drill for a while before becoming the dot in the first ! - absolutely genius.

SCV - after the first big hit, where the tenors all separate, then form back towards the center.

you know....i'm not sure we actually had a name for that move...

Im sure it wasn't official or anything.. it's just what others called it on this thread. It does look like a hurricane though.. awesome stuff and congrats to you and the rest of BD!

Phantom regiment's WEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved that Cavie move where they had the 4 (or 5) half circles on the diagonal... very nifty

That's my favorite set of all the shows. Seemed spot on on semis and finals.

This seemed like a "down" year as far as drill goes, in my opinion...but I'd have to say my "favorites" were:

1. Scouts opening drill/music/chanting

2. SCV's drill...like, ALL of it, but especially the final "!" with the symbols and everything...