BD -opening guard solo.

Crossmen guard uni change

Madison -opening

troopers -sun burst

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know....i'm not sure we actually had a name for that move...

"top of the company front" and "the last 36 counts of the opener" were the chunks..... riveting I know.

I liked Phantom's opening number where they played, moved to the backfield while still playing, then front again, then backfield again, etc. The reason I thought it was a cool innovative move was because it gave off a unique brass sound.... loud, then soft, then loud again, with a high to low sound in the brass all the while. Pretty neat move as it was not just a drill move, but a drill move that made an effective dynamics change in the sound of the brass line when Phantom made the drill move.

innovative? are you serious? wow...

and so it begins...

hey man, i liked the move, but to call it innovative is just hilarious. people love to throw that term around waaay too much these days. i had the students at a high school i teach at do a move like that just last year... i guess that makes me super innovative, yessssss!

Edited by BoxVSoprano

Didn't necessarily have to be the most difficult.

Didn't necessarily have to be the fastest.

Didn't necessarily even have to be original.

To start with, I'll throw out this:

Madison Scouts opening sequence. First they formed a vertical company front on the 20 or so. Then they moved "forward" across the field in unison. Then they "dropped off" a few members at each yardline. But the really cool part was that the dropped off marchers didn't stop directly on the yardline. They took one step forward with the left foot so that they were kinda leaning forward as the rest of the line marched on. Really gave the whole move a very fluid feel and made the "drop offs" seem more surprising than if they had stopped dead.

Hope I explained that well enough -- believe me, it looked a lot cooler than I am describing it!!! :P

Anyway -- what's yours??

You took mine! Loved that whole show.

In response to being amazed by Phantom running and "FFF"

You need more air when you run - so you breathe more.

To play louder you use more air.

Thus - Playing loudly while running = easy. At least easier than playing softly. It just doesn't impress me to be honest.

My fav. drill move - The Cavaliers split wedge where the drumline comes around from behind and pushes the guard out.

In response to being amazed by Phantom running and "FFF"

You need more air when you run - so you breathe more.

To play louder you use more air.

Thus - Playing loudly while running = easy. At least easier than playing softly. It just doesn't impress me to be honest.

My fav. drill move - The Cavaliers split wedge where the drumline comes around from behind and pushes the guard out.

Yeah you're totally right, jazz run at high tempos and playing challenging music, that's not hard at all.