If all shows were like the 2007 Cadets

If all shows were like the 2007 Cadets  

249 members have voted

1. 1. I would most likely

• Be even more of a fan
    • Interest level would stay the same
    • Be less of a fan
    • Stop being a fan

Honest answer......Maybe you have a Condescending attitude. Is the average person Childish??

If you can only attrcat a microcosm of music realted participants , the audience narrows. Ypu answere are sounding like Fake Minister , super trumpet player "Dr. Michael Schmidt"......no substance.

-Bill

The average DCI fan sure is!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read through the thread...this has probably been said but..

Unfair question. If all of the corps were like any of the corps it would be boring.

I was hoping people would not be so literal with the question. Of course no one would want to see the "exact" same show out of each group. I think it is safe to say that for the most part a show is derived from a finite palate of elements. Things such as rotating boxes, company fronts, high velocity pass-throughs, a few bars of dissonance, a long held note with a resonating release, etc., are common across most shows. If the unique elements of the Cadet's show this year became common elements used by the majority of the groups in the future, would you still be a fan?

I used this show as an example because across the board all the elements were executed well and the show had a high level of overall excellence. Even with all that excellence, do you want to see more shows in the same vein?

For those of you twitching to parse words please see all qualifiers marked in bold.

-kg

Ahh, so it was option 3. A VERY thinly veiled "Do you like narration" poll. :worthy:

You wouldn't be able to pay me to go to another drum corps show if that happened.

Agreed.

If you mean that those currently only going to DCI shows would all of a sudden start attending DCA shows, I think you might want to rethink that one. I, for one, would not.

Agreed. Last time I went to a DCA show, perhaps 5 years ago, there were only 2-3 corps I enjoyed. I enjoy watching the difficulty and precision of a DCI show. You get entertained in a DCA show but I, for one, don't get "wowed".

OTOH, it's inherently unfair to compare the two, since one is a weekend activity and the other is, basically, a full time job.

Stupid Question!

If all show were simular to any corps be it My Devils, Cavies, Cadets or any other corps things would suck as bad as this question.

And you're getting sexier every posting, Ms. Blue Devil :P

Seriously -- I've always love one thing about Drum Corps -- the different styles of each corps.

I heard the same questions during the 70s regarding the Bridgemen and in the 80s regarding the Velvet Knights.

"Serious/Traditional" Drum Corps" vs. all "Entertainment" Drum Corps.

It's funny how issues come full circle and start again. :rolleyes:

I'd lose pretty much all interest, and drum corps would just be a passing curiosity...after all, who wants 25 shows of the same thing, whether it be Cadets 2007 or Madison Scouts 1995?

agreed... my tastes are eclectic... and they're gonna stay that way.

I'd lose pretty much all interest, and drum corps would just be a passing curiosity...after all, who wants 25 shows of the same thing, whether it be Cadets 2007 or Madison Scouts 1995?

Scouts '95??? I would be more of a fan!!! 98% would!!! :rolleyes: