Hopblog thoughts on "Hash-gate"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how nothing this man could possibly do would please some of you people.

He could cure death and people would say he only did it to save Osama Bin Laden.

Now you're catching on. :P

Funny thing...had George said nothing and kids were falling left and right or what ever would have happened, people would have said "I can't believe George doesn't care enough about his kids to enforce the rules about hash marks. Must be him and DCI in bed together."

Note: this could quite possibly be why George doesn't give an (edited for filter circumvention- bawk :) ) #### about what the fans think. (And GOD bless 'im for it!) No matter what George Hopkins does, he's WRONG.

Edited by bawker

I haven't said anything about the hash incident because it's always a director's call. I think there are two lessons here:

#1 - Hopkins played to the crowd a bit, and ended up "villainizing" himself. The animated reactions ending up on screen, and the irony of wearing all black didn't help.

He should've be smoking a cigarette and cackling too. b**bs

And, then, Bones would've flew in a knocked him on his ###. Bam, pop, goodnight Georgie Boy.

And the hero saves the day. :worthy:

Yeah, i have an overactive imagination, but maybe next year, george you can play to us on the villain thing some more.

You could walk out in a shirt with a big hash mark painted accross it, or hanging cans of spray paint off of you. If people dont like you, make them laugh. B)

Um ... Not a Hopkins fan here either, and have taken issue with a lot of things he's done over the years that, IMO, while benefiting the Cadets, were detrimental to the Drum Corps landscape in the East and at times made life extremely difficult for corps trying to operate in New Jersey. Having run that disclaimer, here's why George needs to be cut some slack ...

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Maybe Hoppy should have miniature battery powered GPS systems mounted on their brass and perc instuments like marching bands used to do with lyres. That way they won't run into each other or trip over any hash marks. That might solve the "saftey" issue that he portends to have been so "concerned" about. His explanation doesn't hold any water. It's more like an excuse.

Maybe Hoppy should have miniature battery powered GPS systems mounted on their brass and perc instuments like marching bands used to do with lyres. That way they won't run into each other or trip over any hash marks. That might solve the "saftey" issue that he portends to have been so "concerned" about. His explanation doesn't hold any water. It's more like an excuse.

Oh grow up.

When was the last time you marched a modern Cadets show? You haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about.

Wow <**>

Perhaps there's less commentary in this thread because there is less to comment on? I did not get a chance to read any of the other threads about what happened because I was travelling, but I can only imagine they ballooned due to everyone weighing in on what they perceived his intentions to be. When he himself reveals his intentions, there will naturally be less to talk about. I wouldn't read anything into the smaller number of responses to this thread.