Hopblog thoughts on "Hash-gate"

Mike and MikeD - the mention of DCA conditions was a digression, one which I mentioned several posts ago had nothing to do with Hopkins. Please you two and Lisa stand down from your Threat Level Orange knee jerk attacks when ever anyone mentions his name.

This is a thread named after the Hopblog...the very purpose is people talking about him and what happened. How would posts about DCA conditions versus the hashes in a thread about what Hoppy did and write not be tied together?

There are other threads in which some of us have expressed our reasons for our disapproval of his conduct and dislike of his philosophy but all you seem to be able to do is characterize anyone with an opinion contrary to yours as somehow mixed up in the brain or full of hate.

I don't think I called you hateful or "mixed up in the brain"...I think you are dead wrong about most of the things you have posted about his conduct and philosophy, but that's only MHO.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Scerpella said, "Hopkins was right for stopping the show". How'd you miss that?

Thank you. I think this is central to what Dan is trying to say.

And I said that I thought that people have made a good case for lack of hashes indeed being a safety isue.

And here's another post I totally agree with:

From Kyle B:

Can we drop the whole #### DCA thing. My god, like some of us didn't hear about it enough last year. DCA did everything it could, DCI did everything it could.

End of story, and yes, George was right.

End of story for me, too. I'm leaving in a few minutes for a cool drum corps weekend in Minnesota.

There will be hash marks. We will be happy. B)

Edited by J.C.

No amount of explanation can change the fact that he handled the situation poorly. I'm not saying he didn't have the right, just that He was very unprofessional in the way he went about it. I still want pictures of the mess if anyone took any!

"Handled the Sitiuation Poorly":

He knew very well what he was doing. George Hopkins is all about George Hopkins. No matter what, no matter where, HE has to have the spotlight on himself. And at no time, did it glare more brightly, or burn hotter than the moment of "Hashgate". <**>

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

Shots fired...Also a hit and run.

And how long have you personally known him? Guaren####tee that almost everything you know about George you've heard through other people or this site.

Edited by Kyle B

He knew very well what he was doing. George Hopkins is all about George Hopkins. No matter what, no matter where, HE has to have the spotlight on himself. And at no time, did it glare more brightly, or burn hotter than the moment of "Hashgate". <**>

Elphaba

Glad to see that you've really been following what's going on. And to echo Kyle's sentiment, you sound like you truly know the man. Bravo for you.

Elphaba

Wow. Is this inside information or just another bitter rant?

He knew very well what he was doing. George Hopkins is all about George Hopkins. No matter what, no matter where, HE has to have the spotlight on himself. And at no time, did it glare more brightly, or burn hotter than the moment of "Hashgate".

For your statements to have any sort of credibility you should provide back up, ie when you marched or worked under him, "why" you think he's all about himself, something- anything!

Otherwise its just more sour grapes, baby.

Edited by IRMO