Instant DVD's

I thought at one time you had the ability to actually get a dvd of your favorite corps fairly quickly at DCI (same day?) Was/is that still happening? If so, what is the company that was doing it.

Thanks,

RM

At least in 04 and 05 you could get a copy of a quarters/semis performance at the show. I bought my semi's performance about half an hour after my performance and had it in my hands ten minutes later.

I'm not sure if you can order them later on though...

Finals they won't sell because then no one would wait for the DVDs. Well, some people would, but still....

If it is copyright reasons, the RIAA and related folks are really sucking the life out of everything they can. "Back in my day" there were people buying videos before they were even out of uniform.

You could get just about anything on video back then, as well. I wish I had more money at the time because I would've bought everything. Now you can't even get audio recordings for the top 12 throughout DCI history (just check the downloads area of dci.org and see how many are missing), nevermind actually hoping to see recordings available of non-finalist corps from years past. The new aggressive style of "copyright enforcement" actually reduces revenue for the very people they are supposedly trying to protect.

Edited by Tekneek

I was bumbed when they stopped. Last year was the first time my corps hadn't made finals (since 2001), and because of that, I was unable to purchase a video recording of their show :(