Trading uniform parts after Finals

Back when I marched, after Finals retreat, sometimes people would trade uniform parts with people from other corps for memorabilia: A gauntlet for a gauntlet, a hat for a piece of guard equipment, or whatever. I never got anything, but I really tried hard to trade something of mine for an SCV star. None would take me up on my offer, but I had heard that someone else was able to get one so I had to try? Do drum corps members still do that? Did anyone come away with anything good?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even get anything from my OWN uniform! Would like a helmet for a paper weight one day...

And SCV star...forget it! Those, I hear, are like gold. Don't know why anybody would let one of those go. Kind of like a championship ring. Or tossing your gold medal in the East River. Not very common.

I've never seen that happen, but I have seen corps steal uniform parts from other corps. It was never members of the corps I was in, but it still wasn't cool.

I didn't even get anything from my OWN uniform! Would like a helmet for a paper weight one day...

And SCV star...forget it! Those, I hear, are like gold. Don't know why anybody would let one of those go. Kind of like a championship ring. Or tossing your gold medal in the East River. Not very common.

I had an SCV star once. I may still have it for all I know. I have no memory of how I got it. I thought that they used to sell those out of their souvie wagon; plastic and a different font than what was worn on the field, but the same size.

I had an SCV star once. I may still have it for all I know. I have no memory of how I got it. I thought that they used to sell those out of their souvie wagon; plastic and a different font than what was worn on the field, but the same size.

I think the ones they wear on their uniforms are plastic.

I've never seen that happen, but I have seen corps steal uniform parts from other corps. It was never members of the corps I was in, but it still wasn't cool.

Yeah; I know of a couple of people in a certain rival corps who somehow, via unscrupulous means, had some SCV stars from the 99 season. <**>

You just need to march a corps were you get part of your uni as an age-out gift. And with that, I'm putting my uniform crosssabers back somewhere safe. :)

It wasn't a uniform part but I seem to recall a small stuffed toy sporting Spirit colors and a stupid little song being snatched once...It was later returned.

I traded my tie and cords in 1982 (Madison) for the Fusia color sash/drop they wore in Spirit of Atlanta (that's what they were called then), which I still have. Sadly, I didn't get the girl that wore it, though... :grouphug:

One summer when I was in the Guardsmen, several of our guys traded a few uniform parts with some of the Kilts. Problem was, it wasn't "after finals" ... it was during the season. During one afternoon practice, some of the Kilts staff showed up with Guardsmen uniform parts, walked right out onto our practice field and confiscated back the Kilts stuff... in one case right off the bass drummer that was wearing it (a tam)... and they were not very happy about it, either! :lol: