Trading uniform parts after Finals

I've never seen that happen, but I have seen corps steal uniform parts from other corps. It was never members of the corps I was in, but it still wasn't cool.

It happened to me. My SCV star disappeared after 83 finals.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the ones they wear on their uniforms are plastic.

Yep. Made out of plastic, treated like gold.

My star broke midseason and they tried to give me a different one. Instead, I fixed the one I had with duct tape (it was the pin on the inside that broke off). I have my star and green feather in a shadow box, along with a Myron quote from the finals night center X. If anyone had tried to take it, I would have had to kill. :P

Yep. Made out of plastic, treated like gold.

My star broke midseason and they tried to give me a different one. Instead, I fixed the one I had with duct tape (it was the pin on the inside that broke off). I have my star and green feather in a shadow box, along with a Myron quote from the finals night center X. If anyone had tried to take it, I would have had to kill. :P

Yep...it's not the item...it's what emotions you assign to it.

I have the chain from the front of my uniform....all it was was a string of cheap, plastic geodesic balls with a silver coating....probably didn't cost more than $20 for the roll back in teh day......but it's one of my most prized corps possessions.

I didnt trade anything, nor have I aged out yet, but I still have an unopened pair of show gloves, my gauntlets with the whole corps signatures, and my shoes from Capital Regiment 2006. They mean a lot to me even though it was only 2 seasons ago...

They remind me of how much I grew up that summer, how much I turned from a scared little 16 year old, into a more confident young adult.

I didnt trade anything, nor have I aged out yet, but I still have an unopened pair of show gloves, my gauntlets with the whole corps signatures, and my shoes from Capital Regiment 2006. They mean a lot to me even though it was only 2 seasons ago...

They remind me of how much I grew up that summer, how much I turned from a scared little 16 year old, into a more confident young adult.

and you'll hold on to those for the rest of your life....

I remember in '80 one of the girls in the hornline came back on our bus after finals wearing a Blue Devils jacket. She traded her cape for it! Our corps director was not happy neither was BD's corps director, so the directors exchanged parts.

I did get a Bridgemen hat and one of their Rainbow flags and a North Star...Star like they wore on their hats.

I kept my complete uniform as well as my equipment.

I don't believe I've ever heard of switching of uniform parts. I think people would flip out if this went on now with the way the activity has evolved over the last decade or so