How does '07 BD Compare?

I think the last poster kinda hit something though....

Nah, hes a Cadet defender til thy death. I leave a sour taste in his mouth because we argued over Cadets and my approach to the topics in the past. Again, another case of a Cadet-loyalist attacking me (in the past) andn ot my point of view. When I make a valid point, they go after me, not what I write. It is more telling of their character than mine and doesnt bother me a bit, its just sad how they look as a group of people. Im used to it, I expect it, I dont mind their predictability. My points of view, of course are going to be predictable, and of course are debatable, but they like to get personal....

~G~

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back, I loved '88, '89 and '90 Devs. '91 was pretty good (drumline had some issues)

Like iv'e said in another thread BD MUST/SHOULD REVISIT '91 again. What a friggen,Awesome Hornbook..that hornline..OMG. What a jaw dropping arrangement that book was. for the LOVE OF GOD...JUST DO IT AGAIN ALREADY. IHMO nothing can hold a candle to that year with the exception of '93..geeze 14 yrs+ already..cant we have these types of brass arrangements back.

Edited by Zeke

Nah, hes a Cadet defender til thy death. I leave a sour taste in his mouth because we argued over Cadets and my approach to the topics in the past. Again, another case of a Cadet-loyalist attacking me (in the past) andn ot my point of view. When I make a valid point, they go after me, not what I write. It is more telling of their character than mine and doesnt bother me a bit, its just sad how they look as a group of people. Im used to it, I expect it, I dont mind their predictability. My points of view, of course are going to be predictable, and of course are debatable, but they like to get personal....

~G~

Really...well i still think he has a point. Actually his point could be used against me to be honest - i tend to hang back more these days since the seasons over, find a post that i think is really silly, the give it an overdone whallop. But hey, thats just my style at the moment :P

is there a single thread on this board that won't turn in to a "Cadets thread" as some point if left to it's own devices???? Geez. Give it up people, if you want to rail on either side of an argument you can't win go protest for/against stuff like abortion and the death penalty. It's like screaming at a wall.

Sorry, rant over.

Don't get me wrong, I was pulling hard for BD this year to win it all but in terms of recent Devils shows, for me it's not as 'stimulating' as 06, 04 or 03. I mean, if I gotta pick last year's show versus this year's, I take 06 in a heartbeat, it's just that it ran up against a "Machine" last year. (and I'd def take that show over this one).

(and yeah, the drum line this year isn't quite to the level of 'insane BD drumlines' that were accustomed to).

Toodles

-"GQ"

I'd say that BD 07 (IMO) is very similar to 1995 for me...although not quite as dark.

For the simple reason that I loved 1995, I'd put it on equal footing with their 1994 and 1996 productions....but 1986 is still their best. :)

BD 95 is the epitome of intense. just listinening to that last 2 minutes makes you want to go outside and kick someones ###. heheh maybe thats just me.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked BD this year. I won't know how it will fit into the scheme of things until next year, probably. Like a lot of people, I think it's too recent to really tell.

The only thing I will say is that the energy inside of the Rose Bowl was unlike anything I've seen the past 4 years at finals. I'm sure that had a lot to do with Finals being in California, but the atmosphere there made the performance more memorable for me than some of the other finals' performances I've seen.

We all know that's your job around here. How dare anyone else try to get away with what you've perfected into a science on DCP.

Hilarious!

:laugh:

I actually like BD 2007 more than 2003 and 1999.

I love BD 99. . .that was an aggressive drill package that had some variety in it, much better than what we saw this year.

Like iv'e said in another thread BD MUST/SHOULD REVISIT '91 again. What a friggen,Awesome Hornbook..that hornline..OMG. What a jaw dropping arrangement that book was. for the LOVE OF GOD...JUST DO IT AGAIN ALREADY. IHMO nothing can hold a candle to that year with the exception of '93..geeze 14 yrs+ already..cant we have these types of brass arrangements back.

im with you.