Longevity with your corps

How long have you been with your current DCA corps?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. How many consecutive years have you marched with your corps?

• 0-4 years
    • 5-9 years
    • 10-20 years
    • more than 20 years

Gotta give props here to one of my favorite people:

George Hayek has been with the Hawthorne Caballeros organization since Day One in 1946. :blink:

He's currently a member of the alumni corps' honor guard.

Fran

"George Hayek":

If there is a "Mister Drum Corps" it is he. :blink:

Elphaba

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started in 58 with the St. Raphael's organization then morphed over to the Bpt. PAL Cadets in the mid 60's ... hooked up with the NY Skyliners in 1969 and played there until 73 ... off years 74-77, then went back to teaching Sky 78-82 ... Charter member of their Alumni Association in 85 and then Charter Member of their Alumni Corps in 94 ... just retired from playing this season ... also taught the Westchester Horizons, Torrington Vagabonds, CT Alumni and Park City Pride along the way ... currently enjoying DC retirement ... met a lot of great people over the years ...

Andy

While Renegades are still a "new corps" by east coast standards, we still have quite a few folks that have been there since the beginning. Here's our current list of folks who've marched at least seven years in Renegades:

Al Cunningham

Betsy Johnson

Carol Smith

Chris Clavejo

Chris Nalls

Christian Minervini

Dan Day

Dave Leon

Doug Peterson

Greg Gilman

Jed Roach

Jeff DeMello

Jim Jackson

Joe Wilt

Kent Kater

Larrie Dastrup

Lee Rudnicki

Lesa Barker

Mike Bertram

Mike Heckman

Mike Rogala

Munson Chan

Rich Duarte

Rich Skare

Scott Slater

Steve McBurney

Steve Powers

Steve Proud

Stuart Miyasato

See you over the next seven years,

- Greg

Yes Frank...we were all young then....you were in Jr corps for a while before Sun as most of us were.

Nope....never marched Jr. Corps......was in a soloist in a small parade corps from Long Island before I joined Sun as a 4th soprano in 82. (We had 18 sops that year if I remember correctly...2 Fourths, 4 thirds, 4 seconds, and 8 leads). I was just thrilled to play in a "real" corps that I didn't care what I played. I actually contribute most of my range to playin 4th sop that 1 year! I guess Screech was right for putting me there!!

Greg...

Looking at that distinguished list, I must point out that you do have a "revered" ancient one... I first marched with Mike Rogala in 1960... I believe I was assigned by corps director Gene Tracy to changing his diapers... I got babysitting detail because I was the "most mature" of our "Kiddies" (those under 18)

My wards at the time included: Mike Rogala, Dave Firenzi (RIP), Tracy Bullard, Dennis Scaringi, Mike Menard, Louie Luciano, John Mike Famularo, Dennis Higgins and many more...

We old "Gauchos" have to stick together...

I really shouldn't have left out that while with Brigs I was Co-Director and Co-founder of the Oswego Black Knights... those were really gratifying years...

I was about to say something Tom, seeing as the Black Knights were my first taste of drum corp in the 70's

Hi Ken

Yup... black knights was fun... and our claim to fame was that we had probably the best soprano soloist in drum corps at the time in Redd Swindells... Best chops ever to hit the field until the day Joey Pero put on a uniform.

funny sidenote... many years later when I was director of Cru, Kenny joined and the day he gave me his contact info I stared at the address and to my amazement, he was living in the last house I owned in Oswego. (some 17 years earlier) Even in drum corps it's a small world...

Nope....never marched Jr. Corps......was in a soloist in a small parade corps from Long Island before I joined Sun as a 4th soprano in 82. (We had 18 sops that year if I remember correctly...2 Fourths, 4 thirds, 4 seconds, and 8 leads). I was just thrilled to play in a "real" corps that I didn't care what I played. I actually contribute most of my range to playin 4th sop that 1 year! I guess Screech was right for putting me there!!

Hmmmmm.....A small parade corps from Long Island. Then you joined a "real" drum corps. I guess all the years some of us put into the "small" parade corps meant we never were in a "real" drum corps. Kinda remember the "Flames" as a #### good parade and exhibition corps that was well respected by many people. Maybe I should've let you keep your saxaphone instead of introducing you to what drum corps was all about back then, small local corps that were "feeder" corps for "real" drum corps.

JJ

Hmmmmm.....A small parade corps from Long Island. Then you joined a "real" drum corps. I guess all the years some of us put into the "small" parade corps meant we never were in a "real" drum corps. Kinda remember the "Flames" as a #### good parade and exhibition corps that was well respected by many people. Maybe I should've let you keep your saxaphone instead of introducing you to what drum corps was all about back then, small local corps that were "feeder" corps for "real" drum corps.

JJ

Your Right Everybody had to start somewhere....

Mike Ryan--- Dynamics- Oradell NJ early 70's Marching instrutor Frank Latella Man that was fun....

While Renegades are still a "new corps" by east coast standards, we still have quite a few folks that have been there since the beginning. Here's our current list of folks who've marched at least seven years in Renegades:

Al Cunningham

Betsy Johnson

Carol Smith

Chris Clavejo

Chris Nalls

Christian Minervini

Dan Day

Dave Leon

Doug Peterson

Greg Gilman

Jed Roach

Jeff DeMello

Jim Jackson

Joe Wilt

Kent Kater

Larrie Dastrup

Lee Rudnicki

Lesa Barker

Mike Bertram

Mike Heckman

Mike Rogala

Munson Chan

Rich Duarte

Rich Skare

Scott Slater

Steve McBurney

Steve Powers

Steve Proud

Stuart Miyasato

See you over the next seven years,

- Greg

wait a minute,..................that is a lot more than 7,.....................and which one is the ham sandwich?