Dann Peterson named new Scouts corps director!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...I believe it might have been far more appropriate to identify his qualifications that are relevant (or directly relevant) to the job into which he was hired....

I think his qualifications are particularly relevant to his new job. He marched, he taught, he's loyal and he has life-experience beyond his years.

what's missing?

Jeff Peterson aka chopper is not related to Dann. But they are cut from the same cloth.

I wasn’t bashing the organization or the new director, but instead was simply asking for more information about him and commenting that, IMO, the organization didn’t do an effective job of conveying their message to the drum corps community who isn’t in “the know” about Dann.

you know what he's right. they didn't even put down his height, weight, shoe-size and not even his favorite animal. Surely every corps director needs a full biography on dcp, cause everybody knows everything about Pete Emmons and Jim Coates. Yah look em up. The're good guys. Clearly the Madison Scouts have failed and I proclaim to critisize my name just so everybody can stop talking about your non biased thoughts. Posts like these, whether the're for critisizing or otherwise, make me feel very disturbed, not to mention dissapointed, to be in drum corps. Granted drum corps is very personal for, almost, everyone in the activity. For once, please let the future of tomorrow bring great and entertaining drum corps shows to the field without the overbearing negativities that all you old people(21+) love so much. Did I miss the Mark this time?

For the people that know dann and the people that will get to know dann. He is a great definition of heart and high standards. If I could relive my young adulthood I would wanna be dann peterson. Thanks for an amazing summer dann. true inspiration. and Brent Turner...your the man. blow your face off this weekend. Thanks for putting the yard line marker on my head when I felt like i was gonna die at Drums on Parade...long and painful story.

Edited by Cdatedms

For the people that know dann and the people that will get to know dann. He is a great definition of heart and high standards. If I could relive my young adulthood I would wanna be dann peterson. Thanks for an amazing summer dann. true inspiration. and Brent Turner...your the man. Thanks for putting the yard line marker on my head when I felt like i was gonna die at Drums on Parade...long and painful story.

Thanks for that ^OO^

I talked to a guy I know in the Scouts snareline last night about Dann, and he had nothing but the highest praise for him.

you know what he's right. they didn't even put down his height, weight, shoe-size and not even his favorite animal. Surely every corps director needs a full biography on dcp, cause everybody knows everything about Pete Emmons and Jim Coates. Yah look em up. The're good guys. Clearly the Madison Scouts have failed and I proclaim to critisize my name just so everybody can stop talking about your non biased thoughts. Posts like these, whether the're for critisizing or otherwise, make me feel very disturbed, not to mention dissapointed, to be in drum corps. Granted drum corps is very personal for, almost, everyone in the activity. For once, please let the future of tomorrow bring great and entertaining drum corps shows to the field without the overbearing negativities that all you old people(21+) love so much. Did I miss the Mark this time?

For the people that know dann and the people that will get to know dann. He is a great definition of heart and high standards. If I could relive my young adulthood I would wanna be dann peterson. Thanks for an amazing summer dann. true inspiration. and Brent Turner...your the man. blow your face off this weekend. Thanks for putting the yard line marker on my head when I felt like i was gonna die at Drums on Parade...long and painful story.

Honestly you did miss the mark because you are way off base. First, any implication that I was attacking or attempting to challenge his appointment is ridiculous. Re-read all of my comments and you will see I simply was asking to know more about him because I sincerely want to get to know him. All of you who have first-hand experience with him have great insight into how great this selection is for the Scouts. I don’t doubt (and have repeatedly stated this sentiment) that he must be qualified and that I am sure this is a positive move for Scouts. After all of the inappropriate Scouts bashing this summer and, frankly, some of it seemed to be from alumni, I wouldn’t think it would be a crime to genuinely want to know more about the newly appointed director. You obviously have a huge chip on your shoulders and honestly I can see why because there has been far too much criticism of the Scouts this summer. However, I never participated in any of it, didn’t believe in any of it, and only want to see the organization do well. Your tone and comments essentially send the message that those of us who aren’t alumni or active members (or even over 21) should just shut up and express no interest in learning more about the organization and its leadership. That really stinks. I never asked for a bio specifically for DCP, the Scouts released a general announcement to the drum corps community, not to only DCP. BTW, I don’t quite get your reference to Coates and Emmons, but FYI, since I don;t relaly know a lot about Pete Emmons, I jumped onto the Blue Devils' website and it does include a bio for him; I didn’t check for Coates because I know enough abouot him and, again, I don’t get your reference to him or Pete Emmons. Were they newly appointed to something that I missed?

I’d also offer that if my opinion the Scouts could have gotten a bigger bang from its announcement truly makes you feel “disturbed” and “disappointed to be in drum corps”, you really need thicker skin. Comparatively, how did you handle the unfair and repeated attacks on the organization all summer long, in which (I repeat) I never participated? They must have driven you close to suicide! Here’s my disclaimer and final comment on this issue: If my comments offended, disturbed, or angered anyone, I apologize because it wasn’t my intention. I will patiently and quietly wait on the sideline for more information about the new director and I will read the comments of those who know him. Best of luck to the new director and to the Scouts in its efforts.

This is great news. I taught Dann back in 91 when I was a visual tech. for the Madison Jr. Scouts.

He was a great kid then, and has developed into an incredible person with experience that most

of us don't get in a lifetime. If he wasn't doing this, he could be a phenominal motivational speaker!

Congratulations Dann. ^OO^