Who had the highest screamers this year?

cire

I've always thought that the notes above high C (one octave above the tuning note) were double. Not that I've spent much time playing / reading in that register. Except when the trumpet didn't show and I had to play his/her part on trombone/baritone. Although I'm still confused about what is double/tripple. Should I be counting it based on a pianos C1? Where C2 would be double? Makes sense from a trombone players perspective. Although that would make a trumpets tuning note a double C. I mean high Bb. Do the keyboard numbers run C to B? or A to G?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this Vasquez the guy with the ponytail soloing with MBI in the Pit ? If so, he was on my plane out of Rochester. I told him nice work and he was very very polite and seemingly free of ego.

Yes that is Vasquez...Dr. Ray Vasquez, Auburn University Professor of Trumpet. Completely free of ego and an outstanding musician to work with!! So you were right.

Now going back to the original question....I would say this years SCV-Blue Devil Alumni Ensemble had the greatest screamers ever assembled. I wasn't at the DCA Championship this year but I can hardly believe anyone could top this once in a life time lead soprano line......Bias.....yes, but I'm sure there are quite a few DCP on lookers that would agree, specially those who witness the SCV-BD performances

Ben

whats a trumpet?

Trumpet???? My opinion, the best screamers were in Cabs Alumni........and Richie Price, of course...always Richie..heheheh