Will the Renegades even make Finals in 2008?

What really concerns me a bit Chris is how readily accessible that picture was for you... :doh: :P

Google Images is my friend!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google Images is my friend!

Ahhh, but do you have any pictures of Kristina Lokken handy???

Evil Guard

l_2618350c5397581344105abb80c38a77.jpg ^0^

And A Tribute To the Skyliners...

l_d527cd252b9e17127547785e8bb2cfb3.jpg:doh:

Away from the topic I know but I love these Pics....Yes a lifelong Sun member but we all secretly loved the red & black....hope to see em again....

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - present

Great Chart,,,

Tony was on top of his game then,,,Great horn line. Great drum line. Great Guard.

Ralph Pace made it tough, Not his best year,,, It was a battle of counts. Change, after Change, after Change. :doh:

History..............

I did enjoy every bit of marching with the Bucs under the direction of George Parks. That was being a Buccaneer! b**bs

Ahhhh 82 Buc's....one of my favorite all time corps....Sun won that year but I loved the Bucs show ...opener was En Sueno (SP?) "In Dreams" english translation. A great piece and arrangement...awesome!

Lisa,

I really hope I get the chance to meet you some day. You consistently crack me up. These posts made my day. Thanks for getting my weekend off to a fine start.

You BET, babe! After the bull #### week I've been having, I'm ready to take the kid over to grandmas and head out and start drinking....and drink like it's my 2nd job. ^0^

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

i for one hope the Renegades step-it-up next season. great people. better that than listening to Lee whine and take shots at the more intense corps in the circuit by deriding them and 'negatively' comparing them to DCI corps

It's all good, man. You're right. In fact, Renegades are going to be the 1988 Madison Scouts this year. We're buying white aussies and painting the bus green as we speak. I don't know about kicking out the chicks though. :P

On a seious note, I have no issue with corps playing tunes that were played before in DCI. But, I do not think it is in DCA's best interests for DCA show designers to try to recreate an entire DCI show note for note, and for the judging system to regard that approach as being creative, becuase it's not. It's clean, it's loud, and it works just as good as it did the first time, but it will never be as good as the original.

DCA should be its own brand of entertainment. DCA should not evolve into an organization where the majority of corps need to be the drum corps equivalent of cover bands to be regarded as competitive. By doing so, we are taking the DCA brand, if you will, and permanently relegating it to second place to DCI.

With all the talent on the design teams and in the DCA corps, no DCA corps should have to get out a DCI video tape to design their entire show. It's not good for DCA, it's not good for the show designers and it's not good for the growth of DCA. How can we attract DCI fans to DCA if we offer them the same thing, just not quite as good, due to our rehearsal time restricitions. This is not a personal attack on anyone or any corps, but reality.

When I said that I had difficulty watching DCA corps that just copy a DCI show, it wasn't a slam. It is how I feel, and probably how a lot of potential DCA fans feel. I want to watch the Empire Statesmen, becuase for better or worse, there is no other corps like it on Earth. Likewise, if I have a choice of going to see an original rock band in LA, or a band that plays Top 40 covers, I am going to go see the band that is doing something that is their own. The cover band may be better musicians, they may make more money, and they may get more wedding gigs. That doesn't necessarily mean that is the best direction for them as musical artists.

You can bash me, but I honestly DCA would be much better off if the show designers were allowed and encouraged to be creative and spread their wings, and not just simply copy DCI. DCA will be much better off if DCA is DCA, and not the DCI reruns. No offense meant to anyone, but I do believe this point is worth being made. I am sorry if anyone feels threatened by it, that is not my intent.

editd cuz icant spel

Edited by drumlaw80

But, I do not think it is in DCA's best interests for DCA show designers to try to recreate an entire DCI show note for note, and for the judging system to regard that approach as being creative, becuase it's not. It's clean, it's loud, and it works just as good as it did the first time, but it will never be as good as the original.

Note to self: Lee Rudnicki does not like Cabs '98 :)

DCA should be its own brand of entertainment. DCA should not evolve into an organization where the majority of corps need to be the drum corps equivalent of cover bands to be regarded as competitive. By doing so, we are taking the DCA brand, if you will, and permanently relegating it to second place to DCI.

With all the talent on the design teams and in the DCA corps, no DCA corps should have to get out a DCI video tape to design their entire show. It's not good for DCA, it's not good for the show designers and it's not good for the growth of DCA. How can we attract DCI fans to DCA if we offer them the same thing, just not quite as good, due to our rehearsal time restricitions. This is not a personal attack on anyone or any corps, but reality.

I agree.

Fran

You know all this talk of panties and wads and pictures of the toes of humped "ships-of-the-desert" is just a bit not-family-board, but, as far as what Lee said about:

On a seious note, I have no issue with corps playing tunes that were played before in DCI. But, I do not think it is in DCA's best interests for DCA show designers to try to recreate an entire DCI show note for note, and for the judging system to regard that approach as being creative, becuase it's not. It's clean, it's loud, and it works just as good as it did the first time, but it will never be as good as the original.

When I said that I had difficulty watching DCA corps that just copy a DCI show, it wasn't a slam. It is how I feel, and probably how a lot of potential DCA fans feel. I want to watch the Empire Statesmen, becuase for better or worse, there is no other corps like it on Earth. Likewise, if I have a choice of going to see an original rock band in LA, or a band that plays Top 40 covers, I am going to go see the band that is doing something that is their own. The cover band may be better musicians, they may make more money, and they may get more wedding gigs. That doesn't necessarily mean that is the best direction for them as musical artists.

You can bash me, but I honestly DCA would be much better off if the show designers were allowed and encouraged to be creative and spread their wings, and not just simply copy DCI. DCA will be much better off if DCA is DCA, and not the DCI reruns. No offense meant to anyone, but I do believe this point is worth being made. I am sorry if anyone feels threatened by it, that is not my intent.

editd cuz icant spel

All I can say, in the words of '77 Garfield, is Ah-frikkin'-men! (That's Amen for you Southerners ...) :doh:

Now that’s funny!!!!!

All they have to do is add the white collar to the uni,,,(Cheap) and they gotta have the really big flying nun habits for the guard!! Add a few big Pope hats on the pit,, Yea that would look good!

Add a little Spanish Inquisition and call it a show! ^0^

The closer could be Jesus Christ Super Star!

I think the music from Mel Brooks History of the World part I Inquisition would Kill!