Tremendous Blast or bsa

Soooooooooo......who "won"? :P

Both groups got schooled by a elementary baton & drum corps from LaCrosse! lol

actually the judges had to stay till the final votes were tallied! too close to call!!!! :lookaround:

pictures will be up sometime this week!

Edited by contraphanatic

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great time was had by all. I would like to give a Tremendous thanks for being great hosts and for the lift to the parade.

As for BSA, we didnt have the numbers we thought we would have.

For example here is the small snare line we had marching in the parade.

dscn5041.jpg

We hope to have more next year B)

By the way,

We won. :P

Edited by The Original El Guapo

A great time was had by all. I would like to give a Tremendous thanks for being great hosts and for the lift to the parade.

As for BSA, we didnt have the numbers we thought we would have.

For example here is the small snare line we had marching in the parade.

dscn5041.jpg

We hope to have more next year B)

Just to illustrate the lengths that the bsa will go to give the illusion that they could have any hopes of beating TREMENDOUS BLAST, it should be noted that Mr. The Original cropped the above photo. Here is the full photo:

bsasnares.jpg

Here is the Blue Stars Oktoberfest Parade Corps Aught Seven...

post-2-1191212244.jpg

Great bunch of people.

Here is looking fowards to Aught Eight... :mmm:

By the way,

We won. :P

2 words for you Gaupo

No, NoWay!

Did not even see you guys, and whats the infactuation with "Home Star" D&B corps? They look Tremendous. b**bs

I came across this review if it helps.

September 29, 2007

LaCrosse, Wisconsin

We have just witnessed the future of drum crops. This year’s Oktoberfest parade in the beautiful city of LaCrosse, Wisconsin, featured a performance by the legendary Tremendous Blast, from Schell’s Park, Minnesota. While TB, as they are affectionately known, performances are usually a thing of unsurpassed showmanship, this year’s offering was nothing short of amazing.

There is nothing in this world that can compare to TB’s fabulous cymbal guard. They are amazing in their creativity and deliver a crowd pleasing performance every time out. The sight of the TB cymbal guard coming down the street is the signal that the crowd is about to witness something special in the world of marching music.

Following the cymbal guard is the Tremendous horn line. This year the TB horn line wowed the crowd with their classic “Blame Canada”. Every time the TB horn line brings back this beautiful standard, they take it to a new level of passion and intensity. This horn line is so powerful and clean, that they remind this reviewer of some of the powerful midwestern horn lines of years gone by. They truly put the crowd first in their performances.

The thing that drives the TB is, of course, the Tremendous battery. Never ones to be shy about trying new ideas, this year’s version of the TB battery went tenorless. Snares, basses, and cymbals laid down the funkiest street beat ever to be witnessed by the good citizens of LaCrosse. Section leader Johann Meier said “Well, every year I wonder how we are going to top last year’s product, and every year the battery comes out and throws down a performance so clean you could eat off of it. Which we do by the way”

Tasty indeed. While DCI may bill itself as Marching Music’s Major League, the Tremendous Blast are certainly in a league of their own. I should also mention the Performance by the Blue Star Alumni Band. They had a very nice square block coming down the street.

Until next year.

Adrian O’Rourke

Edited by Roark1

I am tremendously trying to NOT miss all the fun that was had last weekend! Thanks for the time of my life!

One thing is for sure, Where else can people get together from different walks of life and perform with passion!

Answer: Drum corps, there is nothing like it in the whole world! God Bless all who participate in this art so well for years and years!

It was nice to meet you Guapo, the boys from the Windy City, All the members of Chops Inc. & Govenaires! I love you all with my heart. I look forward to meeting some of you DCP'ers down the line.

Edited by contraphanatic

• 11 months later...

Once again, it has started :sad:

I AM TREMENDOUS!!!!

Edited by BUCKINGFRONCO