Aquarian drum heads

TAFL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way back machines I guess.

Kevlar heads are only bad because the person tuning them cranks them too high.

Do you get Rocky & Bullwinkle re-runs in Canada ?

Do you get Rocky & Bullwinkle re-runs in Canada ?

Don't know I've never been there. :laugh:

Rick,

You have me confused.

Cheers,

Adam

Hey Adam:

On the 'Rocky & Bullwinkle Show' there were other cartoons included in the program ! There was a dog professor (Mr. Peabody) and his human boy sidekick (Sherman) that would take their time machine (The Wayback Machine) and go back in time to make sure the people they visited made history the way it was intended the history books.

I guess I can safely assume there are NO 'Rocky & Bullwinkle' reruns in Canada, eh !

It was a 1960's cartoon anyways...can't expect you to remember that ! LOL

Nothing wrong with mylar either! There are times where I prefer it over kevlar.

My only beef with mylar is that the heads don't last near as long.

It sounds great, but you can get almost the same sound out of a White/Black Max head.

My only beef with mylar is that the heads don't last near as long.

It sounds great, but you can get almost the same sound out of a White/Black Max head.

Very true!

In 2005 we had a SUPER WET sound from WhiteMax tops and Kevlar bottoms. I mean really wet. If you have access to DCA 05 recordings listen to Grenadiers. That's 5 Yamaha SFZ snares with WhiteMax top Kevlar Bottom. Batter medium to medium tight and snare side cranked.

Hey Adam:

On the 'Rocky & Bullwinkle Show' there were other cartoons included in the program ! There was a dog professor (Mr. Peabody) and his human boy sidekick (Sherman) that would take their time machine (The Wayback Machine) and go back in time to make sure the people they visited made history the way it was intended the history books.

I guess I can safely assume there are NO 'Rocky & Bullwinkle' reruns in Canada, eh !

It was a 1960's cartoon anyways...can't expect you to remember that ! LOL

Nice, I referenced to a cartoon and didn't even know the term "Wayback Machine" existed! I am just that good! hahahaha

I do remember Rocky and Bullwinkle from when I was a kid, but I didn't watch it all that much. I prefered other cartoons to Rocky and Bullwinkle. They haven't been on television here in Canada for many many years. Too bad, I bet I would appreciate the comedy more so now then ever before.

Cheers,

Adam

Not that anyone cares, but when I marched Coats way back when, we went through upmteen different top and bottom head selections. Started on kevlar, went to plastic, then back to kevlar. From what I remember, we really liked the Ludwig silver dot heads. They kept their tune pretty well, and you could crank on them pretty good too.

Personally, I like kevlar. Don't really like the Falam heads (do they still call them that?). I prefer the thicker weave of the Tendura (which apparently Remo now makes). On my personal drum, I have a Tendura top (not cranked too high) and a Ludwig x-thin bottom. Sounds fantastic...and I've never had tendonitis from playing on kevlar. Urban myth?

Not that anyone cares, but when I marched Coats way back when, we went through upmteen different top and bottom head selections. Started on kevlar, went to plastic, then back to kevlar. From what I remember, we really liked the Ludwig silver dot heads. They kept their tune pretty well, and you could crank on them pretty good too.

Personally, I like kevlar. Don't really like the Falam heads (do they still call them that?). I prefer the thicker weave of the Tendura (which apparently Remo now makes). On my personal drum, I have a Tendura top (not cranked too high) and a Ludwig x-thin bottom. Sounds fantastic...and I've never had tendonitis from playing on kevlar. Urban myth?

I know quite a few people have wrist problems, but it probably isn't due to the kevlar alone, but most importantly technique. Anyone could still develop issues with their wrists if they aren't excercising proper technique.

I'm surprised you like the thicker Tendura heads. I prefer more give from the Black/WhiteMax series which also does translate into more snare response with less effort. But tuning of the bottom head AND GUTS also plays a major part in this dry table top vs wet full bodied snare.