Smoke?

G-Rott

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoke is created by combustion.

I prefer giant American flags over fire extinguishers any day.

:unsure:

"He was only jokin" :P

I like colored parachutes.

parachute.jpg

they are so colorful.

1977 Seneca Optimists!!!

speaking of special effects, I remember one year the Cabs had colored lights inside the bass drums actuated by a trigger, each time the drum was struck, the light came on,............some time in the 80's i think

I would like to hear a little more about these,................anyone have any info or memory on Cabs bass drum lights?

I would like to hear a little more about these,................anyone have any info or memory on Cabs bass drum lights?

:doh:

Gary, I don't know particulars, but I remember the Cabs having strobes in their basses in '79 in Hershey. That was a really cool effect. even though I was sitting on the backside during the show. A interesting point I recall from after the show is watching one of the Cabs throw down his bass in the parking lot after it apparently malfunctioned during the show. Man, he looked PO'd, and I don't want to try and remember his verbiage during the rant. :P

Maybe Fran can confirm, I thought that Sun used extinguishers to create the 'smoke wall' their snare line marched through at the end of that fabulous drum solo going into the closer. Same show..

BTW...Didn't ES use that effect or something similar the year they used the tank?

(God, everyone in MBI just HATED that gimmick..it was cool though)

Pat

:doh:

Gary, I don't know particulars, but I remember the Cabs having strobes in their basses in '79 in Hershey. That was a really cool effect. even though I was sitting on the backside during the show. A interesting point I recall from after the show is watching one of the Cabs throw down his bass in the parking lot after it apparently malfunctioned during the show. Man, he looked PO'd, and I don't want to try and remember his verbiage during the rant. :P

Maybe Fran can confirm, I thought that Sun used extinguishers to create the 'smoke wall' their snare line marched through at the end of that fabulous drum solo going into the closer. Same show..

BTW...Didn't ES use that effect or something similar the year they used the tank?

(God, everyone in MBI just HATED that gimmick..it was cool though)

Pat

Yea, "Tanks but No Tanks" was the common saying back then :P