Smoke?

G-Rott

I think smokers are losers. Especially when they light up near a horn line. And those soloists you hear gakking notes? Smokers.

Oh wait...you're talking about a different kind of smoke... never mind.

(Actually, to each their own, but please smokers, be considerate when you are near a horn arc.)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question...I noticed a couple corps had people shooting "smoke" from fire extinguishers during their performances at finals. Does DCA allow special effects by non-performing members?

Also, I think that once they start contributing to the show, they would become official "performing members"

I was just being funny and paying homage to Vince. Statesmen like to use the "smoke" and I believe the rule is "non-marching members can do that" So what is the big deal? Is it because someone else beside ES used the fire extinguishers? Are we really stretching for something to complain about? Gee!

Yes Baby powder was used and it was quite effective.

What did you think I meant? LOL

(Actually, to each their own, but please smokers, be considerate when you are near a horn arc.)

Im am totally with you on that.Nothing like standing in horn arch and some clown is 5 feet away from you blowing smoke into the air that drifts your way and then having to suck it down like it was a gift from god or something.

I almost pounded a guy over that this year,,but reconsidered it.

I thought the Statesmen use of fire extinguisher's was very effective.More so on Semi night.Looking at the clip on youtube from the Statesmen finals,,the smoke almost completely covers up the soprano players on the stage.

Wonder what it was was like for Joey,Ritchie and crew to have to suck up that stuff??I can only imagine that it had to be unpleasant for a few seconds.

Im am totally with you on that.Nothing like standing in horn arch and some clown is 5 feet away from you blowing smoke into the air that drifts your way and then having to suck it down like it was a gift from god or something.

I thought the Statesmen use of fire extinguisher's was very effective.More so on Semi night.Looking at the clip on youtube from the Statesmen finals,,the smoke almost completely covers up the soprano players on the stage.

Wonder what it was was like for Joey,Ritchie and crew to have to suck up that stuff??I can only imagine that it had to be unpleasant for a few seconds.

My first thought was the intonation of the horns are going flat with that cold blast, but that didn't happen.

My first experience with the smoke was in "99 with ES during the Chorus Line show. It completely covered us up during the final "Push". Pretty neat to be a part of!

Edited by Jeff Gibbens

My first thought was the intonation of the horns are going flat with that cold blast, but that didn't happen.

My first experience with the smoke was in "99 with ES during the Chorus Line show. It completely covered us up during the final "Push". Pretty neat to be a part of!

Yes Baby powder was used and it was quite effective.

What did you think I meant? LOL

Troopers used flagpoles loaded with the stuff one year ... looked awesome, although the whole place smelled like a nursery afterward!

I have been known to show up at the other end of my sop line due to escaping tobacco smoke. I've also jumped ranks while marching towards the field. I haven't had to do that in some time...but I will if needed.