Smoke?

G-Rott

Yea, "Tanks but No Tanks" was the common saying back then :P

:lol:

NOW THAT'S FUNNY !!! Of course, us foreigners never heard that... :P

I remember when Hawthorne used flash cubes at Finals in '82 at the end of the show. They went off just as they hit the last chord...I swear everyone jumped out of their seats after that !

:doh:

Pat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW...Didn't ES use that effect or something similar the year they used the tank?

(God, everyone in MBI just HATED that gimmick..it was cool though)

Pat

If you thought the tank was something, you should have seen Uncle Sam on stilts in 1985 when ES was doing a bunch of ICA shows. :P At one show, all the corps left the retreat field thru a dark potholed parking lot. Bunch of us, waited for Empire to come by to see if Uncle Sam would fall on his butt... or face... :doh:

I am showing my age here, but.....

I remember Madison using flashbulbs in their show one year. (78?)

I thought it was corny then, but what else did I know as a 15 year baritone with Bayonne?

:doh:

............all I know is Chuck Lute saw that, and Erie Tech Marching Band was using it that fall,............

great fun guys...

for the sake of the original poster and for clarity... pyrotechnics of any kind are banned...

there are other things that enter into props also... they may not in any way harm the field for instance or make it dangerous for the next corps...

fire extinguishers handled properly are no problem

Prop people - non uniformed and only contributing to the program by moving props do NOT count toward the maximum count limits and may enter and leave the field at will to accomplish their tasks...

The only possible penalty for this would be that if they DETRACT from the show in any way the effect judges would be able to consider this distraction "fair game" and adjudicate appropriately... but I've NEVER seen this to be a real problem... except maybe at the first few shows where everyone is still trying to figure out what they are doing...

accepted practice (not required) is to put the prop people in black... to be less noticeable... hmmmm wonder where that would leave Renegades? lol Lee?

I am showing my age here, but.....

I remember Madison using flashbulbs in their show one year. (78?)

I thought it was corny then, but what else did I know as a 15 year baritone with Bayonne?

:lookaround:

Hey I just said that! Pay Attention!

My final year with Madison 1978, we engaged in some light effects as well. At the end of the drum solo, the corps was packed into a dense diamond with a file of rifles in the center. As the whole corps goes to one knee, the rifles fire off self activating flash cubes and there appears to be twinkling coming from the center of the diamond. Im pretty sure Scouts were not the first to use those however.

Over the years 78 Bridgemen has moved to one of my top favorites, pparticularly the solo work of Jim? Brady. The guy was in a class by himself in 78.

But there wasnt a lot of love lost between Scouts and Bridgemen that year. Sometime near the end of the year someone from B-Men made a smart comment during our backfield warmup. I saw the two guys on either side of him move away. A few guys went looking for him after we performed. I hope they didnt find him. Probably owes mainly to the closeness in score of the two of us that year.

Hey I just said that! Pay Attention!

Ooops. Sorry. That's what happens when you don't read an entire thread.

Over the years 78 Bridgemen has moved to one of my top favorites, pparticularly the solo work of Jim? Brady. The guy was in a class by himself in 78.

Jim was amazing. Last I heard he was playing drums professionally somewhere on the west coast!

But there wasnt a lot of love lost between Scouts and Bridgemen that year. Sometime near the end of the year someone from B-Men made a smart comment during our backfield warmup. I saw the two guys on either side of him move away. A few guys went looking for him after we performed. I hope they didnt find him. Probably owes mainly to the closeness in score of the two of us that year.

I don't remember anything about that. I didn't think we had any spare time to worry about Madison when we were so angry at Phantom. :P