Moves Being made in YEA

I disagree. Hoppy has certainly pushed the buttons of the activity. I think the smaller - non top 15 corps appreciate that because they will never get to play under the lights - but they see him as a voice for change - which they can only hope will help them.

But........as a DCI dinosaur - I want to see how the Cadets continue without him. Isn't that the truest test of stability from within? Since Hoppy has taken over the Cadets, every single DCI competitor of Cadets has had 2 or 3 Exec Dir changes and many are doing equally as well or better.

It's been said over and over - that Hoppy appears to be center of attention. I want to see how many Cadets alumni continue to support the Cadets when Hoppy retires, especially if they suffer a sudden fall from grace.

As a proud alumni of the Garfield Cadets, I can tell you that George Hopkins (while respected for his hard work and perservance) is not the reason that alumni stay interested in the Cadets. The corps motto is "For Holy Name Shall Always Be" for a reason ..... the values that were instilled as a member are values that date back to the beginning of the corps' history. George is one a great part of this history.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Cadets end up doing 3-D drill with jet packs while scraping the lowest numbers, I'd still stand by them long when age out. I can be pretty confident that no matter their finals, semifinals, and quarterfinals lineup is, they'll still sing Holy Name and they'll still be in Maroon.

No matter how crazy or how bland they get, it is a comforting fact to know they are still deeply rooted within their traditions.

~By the way, you marched with my Band Director! :-D

While I understand your point and would also stand by the Cadets no matter what they're currently doing......I think I'd be interested in anyone doing 3-D drill with jetpacks! I mean think about it....how cool!!! Think of the possibilities :D

Peace,

CuriousMe

While I understand your point and would also stand by the Cadets no matter what they're currently doing......I think I'd be interested in anyone doing 3-D drill with jetpacks! I mean think about it....how cool!!! Think of the possibilities :D

Peace,

CuriousMe

Well if your jet packs run out of fuel during rehearsal or a show and you have the highest altitude of your jellyfish set, I think there might be some crazys.

Thunderstorm Rehearsals? BooM!

Has anyone else noticed the most recent moves at YEA! Interesting to say the least.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=d...ee-ccc9e95372ba

Actually the full article is here:

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?JServSession...ws_iv_ctrl=1401

Edited by BACMom