Those unhappy with narration, woodwinds, et al...

Honestly, people need to get a lot off their chests. I talked to any number of unhappy people at finals this year. It's up to the receiver to decide what to do with it.

The person was posting their honest feelings. Honesty ain't always pretty.

So don't be surprised of DCI would choose to ignore submissions like that. Something that comes across as rude, infantile and disrespectful doesn't even deserve a reply...IMO.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sent mine saying how much I loved how they're opening up the activity with narration and amplification. I also said I hope they will support the rule change allowing electronics.

"I Love Hoppy":

When the "Junior Drum Corps" activity is completly compromised into a "Summer Marching Band Program" you and George "Hashmark" Hopkins can celebrate by cracking open a bucket of fieldpaint.

Elphaba

"I Love Hoppy":

When the "Junior Drum Corps" activity is completly compromised into a "Summer Marching Band Program" you and George "Hashmark" Hopkins can celebrate by cracking open a bucket of fieldpaint.

Elphaba

:laugh:

"I Love Hoppy":

Elphaba

I love people that single Hopkins out for changes that most of the directors have approved. But..thanks for the comment anyway.

"I Love Hoppy":

Elphaba

Drum corps was a "Summer Marching Band Program" when you marched too.

So don't be surprised of DCI would choose to ignore submissions like that. Something that comes across as rude, infantile and disrespectful doesn't even deserve a reply...IMO.

Oh now I get it. We're not supposed to express our difinitive and direct opinions to an organization that is not even affilliated with DCP. Thanks for clearing that up.

Drum corps was a "Summer Marching Band Program" when you marched too.

Now Mike, don't start that up. :P I will have to disagree with you here.

It was drum and bugle corps when I marched, isn't it still?

Now it's drum and bugle corps amplified! :)

Edited by Lancerlady

Give your feedback to DCI (if you haven't already):

http://www.dci.org/support/

Perhaps we'll start a ground swell...perhaps not. But at least you won't feel so powerless after you hit the "SUBMIT" button :)

Thanks for the link....here is what I sent them....I'm sure you agree with me. :laugh:

Just dropping a line to counter the anti-narration/anti-miccing attitudes of the DCP few who feel some sort of need to limit the tools that DCI has decided should be available to designers so they can continue to create exciting, creative and highly entertaining shows.

Keep on progressing...broaden the available tools...as the BOD sees fit. Don't limit the possibilities because of a few complaints, some of them not even fit to be displayed.

Take time to discuss any suggested changes, but use the expertise of the staffs and admins to guide your decisions; they have done a wonderful job up to now.

I submitted something along the lines of what hrothgar did, but insisted they limit it to 10 words or less for a whole show.

And those ten words should be spoken by Mr Crocker. "Corps name you may take the field for competition" OK - That's 9 words but you get my meaning.