Phantom Regiment -- The Future....

Think of this ....

"Summer of.... Miklos Rozsa: Selections from Epic Adventures"

Possible Musical choices: BEN HUR, EL CID. more from KING OF KINGS or even QUO VADIS!

Think of what J.D. Shaw & company could put on the field musically AND visually!

OMG! And the audience, AND JUDGES would know every selection!

Just think of Regiment in a company front doin the "Alleuia!" from the Finale' of "Ben Hur" --- chills already!

ROZSA could very well be the vehicle Regiment need to win another title --- one for themselves!

Thoghts? Objections?

Think of this ....

"Summer of.... Miklos Rozsa: Selections from Epic Adventures"

Possible Musical choices: BEN HUR, EL CID. more from KING OF KINGS or even QUO VADIS!

Think of what J.D. Shaw & company could put on the field musically AND visually!

OMG! And the audience, AND JUDGES would know every selection!

Just think of Regiment in a company front doin the "Alleuia!" from the Finale' of "Ben Hur" --- chills already!

ROZSA could very well be the vehicle Regiment need to win another title --- one for themselves!

Thoghts? Objections?

Oh yeah... "El Cid" is killer material!

regards,

Fred O.

Oh yeah... "El Cid" is killer material!

regards,

Fred O.

Hmmm---- Not sure if this was in agreement or in sarcasm, but in any event ...............

Well, lets remember that a lengthy movie sountrack from those days had upto 20-35 tracks, and the musical possibilities were endless from an arranging standpoint! Especially now with the brass and percusion elements as they are in TODAYS corps.

One would really have to LISTEN to the whole sountrack(s) of any of these listed to hear the potential of which I speak. J.D. Shaw heard it when they did "King of Kings" in 2003 using "The Lords Prayer" .

I am SURE... that especially for "Ben Hur" and other Rozsa pieces, there is an immense amount of creativity in writting for not only brass, but for percussion as well!

The visual, what I AM thinking of in my own mind for the guard costuming would absolutely be gorgeous! Jamey Thompson could really expond on the theme and the drill? Well, it could be wide open there..........

Ben Hur seems a little slow for proper corps-style music, but i have faith in mr. shaw.

How much of Ben Hur did Blue Knights use in '97? I know the opener and closer/reprise was from Ben Hur but at least the ballad was not.

Spartans in '01 also used Ben Hur mixed with music from Gladiator.

I don't know if any corps has used music exclusively from Ben Hur as of yet.

How much of Ben Hur did Blue Knights use in '97? I know the opener and closer/reprise was from Ben Hur but at least the ballad was not.

Spartans in '01 also used Ben Hur mixed with music from Gladiator.

I don't know if any corps has used music exclusively from Ben Hur as of yet.

I believe BK did a whole show around those tunes, however, the arrangement(s) pale in comparrison to ANYTHING J.D Shaw & Rennick could do with them! Think of 135 people playing the "Alleuia!" in a long, straight co front playing that as a finale' with the drums as back up? WOW ! WOW! WOW! Use white as the "resurrection' color, and do a motif if Angels with actual GOLD feathering wings -- yea it's imiliar to '07, but hell, it'a all about the music and what seems 'familiar' - no matter how well/poorly it's performed. But with this Rozsa music? It's passionate, powerful, an, most of all BEAUTIFUL!

The famous organist Virgil Fox once said during a live recital in regards to critics asking: "Why do you play music that is not written specifically for the organ?", and his reply was, quite affentinately:

BECAUSE IT IS BEAUTIFUL !..........

Since Phantom has done almost all of the great symphonic ballads over the years, I personally would love to hear them play "Adagio" by Albinoni. There would not be a dry eye in the stadium and only a Phantom hornline could pull this off.