Anyone need a Timpanist/Front Ensemble Member?

I am extremely interested in becoming a member of your drum and bugle corps. I am twenty one years old. I am interested in the front ensemble and marching in parades. I hope to travel to an upcoming rehearsal and audition to be considered for a marching position. I am willing to travel anywhere. I will be extremely dedicated

and commited. I have toured five years with various drum and bugle corps.

Court of Honor from Atlanta, GA as timpanist

Blue Saints from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada timpanist/hornline

Parriah Percussion Theatre Jasper, GA timpanist

Edmonton Struttes 2005 Timpanist/Hornline for parades

Pipe band Experience:

Student Atlanta Pipe Band snare drum

student Edmonton and District snare drum

student Vancouver pipe band bagpipes

full performing member, the Heather and Thistle Pipes and Drums tenor drum/bagpipes

I am a proud member of Bugles Across America.

Reference: Thomas Day tomjday@sbcglobal.net 

I practice more than two hours a day. I am willing to work

hard and go above and beyond expectations. I strive for perfection everyday and accept nothing less of myself each time I commit a tune to memory. Even

though I am visually impaired, I believe not having sight allows me to completely focuss on the task set before me. What ever I have to do to be in your

corps, whether it be in Canada or US, I will be on the next greyhound or plane as soon as I am allowed to audition. After passing the audition, I will make arrangements to stay with a local host family or other housing.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at ahighlandpiper@ gmail.com. I hope to hear from any interested drum corps staff

soon. Thanks!

If even only HALF of what you claim is true (and I know ALL of it is true) I think your audition is complete. Congrats to the corps that has you on the roster for 2008 - and beyond.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we always have openings at Sunrisers, we would love to have you

I'm biased, of course, but I think you should check out the Chops website: http://www.chopsinc.com

We're "located" in East Bethel, MN, but we have rehearsals all over the twin cities. New members are always welcome, and I know there'll be a spot in the pit for you.

Edited by Spandy

Our pit won I&E at DCA this year. You know there's always great stuff happening in California. Not to mention the fact that once you're out here, you could probably line up some teaching/staff gigs with local bands and whatnot. In spite of the fact that there are several big dog drum corps in California, some parts of the state are severely lacking in quality percussion instructors. The Central Coast area (where I live and teach) being one of them. Move to California and not only could you march, but you could probably make a living.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Edited by davland

The Kingsmen Alumni Corps is always looking for talent.

One thing, tho: we march the tymps.... :blink:

Here is Erie, we have a no preasure kinda thing going,...................attend when you can, hopefully make the major performances, but whenever you can is good enought for us!................oh yeah, we do have a new set of Yamaha Timpani, with very little milage, available to our corps whenever we want or need them,...............and transporation to get them wherever!

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm, you may currently be the most sought after member in drum corps at this moment :) .

Fusion Core is a new corps in our second season, so it's not too late to be a part of something pretty much right from the start!!!!

We are currently wrapping up the details for our Open House and will put you on the mailing list just in case your interested in being part of the Fusion Family, we'd love to have you!!!!

may as well throw it in.

www.kilties.com

You'll find all the information you need right there on the 2008 season.

But I agree with a previous poster. With that attitude take your pick. Most Corps would love to have someone with that atitude.

Good Luck