Crossmen 04

Phantom 06

Blue Devils 03

Cavaliers 01

Cadets 05

Boston 00

Phantom 89

I'm sure there's more, those are just what's coming to mind right now

I've always liked the Cavies ballads, they're usually good like 2006 and 2004. There's a ton others, but I'm brainfried right now.

phantom 95.

2nd is cadets 02, early season, pre-pledge.

source material for both are amazing.

Edited by Jared_mello

On the DCI side:

I've always been a sucker for Phantom Regiment ballads and this year did not disappoint, but I must say that Blue Stars' "Swan" took my breath away.

All time favorite? Toss-up between "Nessun Dorma" (PR '91), "Ave Maria" (PR '06), and "Transfigured Night" (PR '00). And "Adagio for Strings" (SCV '00)

On the DCA side:

I'm partial to ballads by a certain corps in Blue, especially "Adagio for Strings" and "The Promise of Living." And I love any ballad by the Hawthorne Caballeros.

OH! DCA favorite:

The Prayer-Hawthorne

That was all the extra sops being played by the rifle line :whistle: Unfortunately we didn't get to see you much, since you always went on just before us. Thanks for loaning us the plumes for finals!

There was one show in California (PDCA Championships I'm guessing) that was a prelim/finals affair and any corps that had been a finalist at DCI the year before was seeded into finals without having to march prelims.

We were in our horn arc wrapping up our prelims warmup with chunks of the book when the Freelancers buses pulled in. A number of the Freelancers came over to listen to us and our instructor, sensing our eagerness to perform for one of the 'big boys', called out "OK......full run of the opener all out and then we head for the gate." We knew that we were a corps that you guys wouldn't see on the field but being good enough to catch your attention in the parking lot made a real impression on us. We liked that you liked us! And remember, the Blue Knights in 1984 were making the DCI top-25 for the first time. The idea of being a finalist was still a distant dream in those days.

Edited by notelvis

Too many to list here.. but some of my favorites are:

Phantom Regiment:

1989 - 1997; 1999 - 2002; 2005-present

Cadets:

1983, 1985, 1989-1999

Crossmen :

1995, 1999

Blue Devils:

1990, 1995, 2002, 2004

Santa Clara Vanguard:

1991, 1992, 1988, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2004