Photoshop project for DCI

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But you are someone who will buy September 11th stamps. You missed the point I was trying to make.

Doing this is not showing a lack of respect and maturity. I doubt you even know the whole story behind that picture and you have the gall to tell me that this is showing a lack of maturity? Are you kidding me? You do not know anything about Iwo Jima and if my grandfather was still alive, he would rip you apart verbally.

What is even more sad is how you guys fail to acknowledge how clever and unique the idea was. Sad times we live in today.

Yes, I have the "gall." Do you SERIOUSLY think the "struggle" involved within a summer of drum corps competition equates to people dying in a war? Do you think your grandfather would say the same? My grandfather fought in WWII as well. He would think comparing drum corps to his experiences to be completely asinine.

Furthermore, your examples of people buying commemorative 9-11 stamps make no sense, whatsoever. (Unless they've got football players portraying FDNY rescuers, which I've yet to see...)

You have no reason to be offended. You are the same people who buy stamps with September 11th images on it. I find it very humorous that the people who do not approve of me requesting an image portraying the struggle of drum corps are the same people who call it "Patriotic" to wear 911 shirts and buy pictures of 911 from people and glorify them.

Honest question: Do you think the "struggle of drum corps" can be equated to what went on at Iwo Jima?

IMO, comparing buying 9-11 or breast cancer ribbons is a different issue from changing the Iwo Jima image for the purpose of Drum Corps. Or to put it another way, what do you think would be the response if you put the firefighters in different corps uniforms? As someone who lost a friend at the Pentagon, I'd be going freakin' balistic myself.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I see this as making fun of Iwo Jima... And yes, I do find this tasteless and irresponsible. I'm sure we all have people in our families that would "verbally rip you apart."

So you are telling me that you have no problem with people selling stamps with images of the 911 attacks on it?

and you call me tasteless? You're a monster.

Enough is enough. Reported and ignored. (First on my list, to be exact.)