What hats do you prefer?

Aelius

probably shakos, though thered be a few occasions that id vote for aussies.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no doubt a few other corps from "Way Back When" that bucked the shako syndrome.

Elphaba

As noted correctly, depends on the character/image of the corps. For example: the Caballeros (Hawthorne and Cambridge) Hawthorne Muchachos, Rhode Island Matadors and NY (Bronx) Kingsmen. I know 'sombrero' was not among the original choices (I know, my bias is showing here!), but I'm surprised no one mentioned them. There are the two distinct styles: Spanish (Cabs) and Mexican (Matadors).

Then of course you had the Troopers' classic cavalry hat. Naturally, nothing else would work there. Personally, I don't care much for helmets, but they do look good on Phantom and Bluecoats.

Anyone recognize this guy?

Scott_Poulsen__1969_6-29-69_RJT-296x526.jpg

Yes, but I can't think of his name....always won best drum major, didn't he? :rolleyes:

QUOTE(piperguy @ Oct 1 2007, 07:07 PM) *

Anyone recognize this guy?

IPB Image

I'm guessing that would be Scotty Poulsen, Kilties' DM from 60's-70's. His cousin Wayne Poulsen is a rudimental bass drummer with us in the Cabs' alumni.

Yea yea yea, that's him!!! Scotty Paulsen...

I remember pictures of him winning best DM at VFW in the early 60's and he was a preteen...the other DM's towered over him.