Mangione chart

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The album Children of Sanchez was comprised of music featured in the motion picture Children of Sanchez. Two of the songs on the album had been on earlier Mangione albums....Echano and Bellavia.

Wow, I'll have to check my albums as I don't remember Enchano. Well I can look at the covers until I hopefully resolve the kaput record player come Christmas....

Actually watched the movie on the late, late, late show one night. Think USA channel had it on after 1AM when I was working 2nd shift. Either very boring or I was very tired... or both.

Or I was PO'ed Anthony Quinn kept talking over Chucks soundtrack.... :(

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Without a doubt 1976 Blue Devils version of "Chase the Clouds Away" with the Bonnie Ott Solo of course !!!! b**bs b**bs

Her duet would have been better without that dang french horn, should have been as solo as well!! (no offense intended to the french horn player)

By the way, where is Bonnie Ott these days, someone said is she a nurse ?? b**bs b**bs

Edited by ODBC

Wow, I'll have to check my albums as I don't remember Enchano. Well I can look at the covers until I hopefully resolve the kaput record player come Christmas....

Actually watched the movie on the late, late, late show one night. Think USA channel had it on after 1AM when I was working 2nd shift. Either very boring or I was very tired... or both.

Or I was PO'ed Anthony Quinn kept talking over Chucks soundtrack.... :(

That's hilarious.... I read the book "Children of Sanchez" and the whole time couldn't get the music out of my head, and until I finished that book I had the longest episode of "song stuck in your head"... and the book was excellent, although I did hear the movie, well...not so much.

• 1 month later...

Legend CMCC Warriors concert number

BD 1974 Played "A Feel of a Vision" or something titled similar to that. It was pretty awesome. They played it after the first time they played Legend as a concert as the out of concert production. They also played one hell of a Porgy and Bess medley that year.

My corps The Purple Lancers from Auburn, NY beat them in prelims and lost one spot to them in finals in Ithaca. They were quite good.

Donny

BD - "Legend"

Bridgemen - "Land of Make Believe"

Cadets - "Echano"

So many great charts to choose from, but these three really stand out.

BD - Legend of the One Eyed Sailor / Chase the Clouds Away

Bridgemen - Land of Make Believe

Freelancers - Bellavia (Maybe the alumni hornline will learn this one. :dry: )