The Best 20th Place Ever

Didn't the arranger from The Bluecoats also write The Troopers show?

I agree that it was great to see them perform at such a high level.

I believe doug did some arranging for them. I'm not going to sign my soul on it, but I want to say he did do some work for them. I also want to say that our visual people did some work for them, but I might just be making that up. I know they borrowed our beloved mello tech for a good 3 weeks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doug wrote the horn book, mitch rogers wrote the drill, and im pretty sure tom rarick annd mike macintosh wrote the pit and battery books. two alums from the mello line (03-06 and 04-05) were on the visual staff as well. two pit alumni (00-05 and ....04-05, i think?) taught the front ensemble, too. theres probably a few more.

How about 27th in 74?

I believe doug did some arranging for them. I'm not going to sign my soul on it, but I want to say he did do some work for them. I also want to say that our visual people did some work for them, but I might just be making that up. I know they borrowed our beloved mello tech for a good 3 weeks.

. . .best three weeks of my life. . .many thanks!!!!! :huh::wub::wub:

I agree with everyone here... it's hard to argue with people who believe Troop 07 is the best 20th place show around.

I also agree with those who believe they got shafted this summer. that drill is harder and cleaner than A LOT of corps that placed 13-24. Not to mention, their hornline sounds awesome.

~>conner

I will chime in and agree that troopers were really good this year, and yes, it was obvious the judges did not know how to score them. I hope this builds a strong foundation for the future of the corps.

doug wrote the horn book, mitch rogers wrote the drill, and im pretty sure tom rarick annd mike macintosh wrote the pit and battery books. two alums from the mello line (03-06 and 04-05) were on the visual staff as well. two pit alumni (00-05 and ....04-05, i think?) taught the front ensemble, too. theres probably a few more.

i had heard that mitch did not end up writing their drill, but their site says it was pat ruddy and mitch rogers.

Royal Brigade 1980

Doug wrote the entire brass book for troop, but I dont believe that he will be retained for this next season by them. The rumors are it is some pretty big people to come in and make troopers their only gig, instead of having it be a "B" team for the arranger like it was last year.

Tom Rarick wrote the whole percussive book as well and I dont believe he will be retained either. I also heard it is a former SCV people will be writing the drum book for them next year too.

Mitch Rogers wrote the opener for troop last year and I believe that some circumstances got in the way of him writing the rest (see above). I do believe that Mitch will be writing the whole show this next year, but I am sure troop will make an announcement soon.

There were some other bluecoats people on staff from last year but I believe a few of them have been let go....I had heard that some of the people from the bluecoats that were on staff were not a good fit for the corps....

From what little I have heard, The Troopers are making some pretty cool additions to the staff for the next season...I have also heard that the retention rate is exceptionaly high and they are considering expanding the size of the corps (i.e 72 brass) for the 2008 season.

Either way, I thought they were great this past year and I think they will be even better this next season.