2008 Final$ package ticket price preview

I'm sorry. Silly me for assuming the best seats were the most expensive. Don't worry, it won't happen again. Those 20 yard line seats will be available for the next sucker in Indy. (And here, I'll respond for you: "If you don't like it then leave!"). :)

"Best" is a pretty arbitrary term.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. My family paid top price for semi's at the Rose Bowl. Those "Super Premium" $75.00 seats put us squarely on 20 yard line. Garbage. :)
I went with the plain premium package (F-$75, S-$50, Q-$40) and sat on the 45 yard-line in row 60-ish. I know for sure that Super Premium was about 1/4 of the way up to 3/4 of the way up but thought it only stretched from 35 to 35 or so. Anyone still have the seating chart from DCI for last year? I don't remember the Super Premium section stretching out as far as the 20s. Although I suppose that with the curve of the bowl the edge could have been on the 35 down low but on the 20 up high. Regardless, the fact remains that seats were available to non-friends of DCI like me inside the 40s for less than the Super Premium price. Still expensive, but it's always been that way since I've been going (1998-present).

I went with the plain premium package (F-$75, S-$50, Q-$40) and sat on the 45 yard-line in row 60-ish. I know for sure that Super Premium was about 1/4 of the way up to 3/4 of the way up but thought it only stretched from 35 to 35 or so. Anyone still have the seating chart from DCI for last year? I don't remember the Super Premium section stretching out as far as the 20s. Although I suppose that with the curve of the bowl the edge could have been on the 35 down low but on the 20 up high. Regardless, the fact remains that seats were available to non-friends of DCI like me inside the 40s for less than the Super Premium price. Still expensive, but it's always been that way since I've been going (1998-present).

[Edit: sorry for the bum steer, what I posted earlier today is wrong... corrected with crossouts]: Super Premium stretches farther out than the 20s for 2008 in the 600 tier; it extends almost all the way between the end zones on top. See:

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/co...eat%20chart.pdf

and compare it to DCI's seating chart. I don't think it's right to call 5 yard line seats Super Premium. I don't care how well you can see; you can't hear very well that far off axis.

Edited by Peel Paint

In comparison to things like hotels, airline tickets, and food $300 for 4 tickets is pretty much chump change.

Just casually looking on travelocity, a family of 4 is looking at about $360 PER PERSON just for flights and 1 hotel room for Friday, and Saturday.

Even cut the cost of tickets in half and you're looking at the difference between $1590 and $1740, which personally doesn't seem like much of a difference when you are talking about a family trip.

Well, not everyone can call 200 bucks chump change like you can.

Super Premium stretches farther out than the 20s for 2008 in the 600 tier; it extends almost all the way between the end zones on top. See:

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/co...eat%20chart.pdf

and compare it to DCI's seating chart. I don't think it's right to call 5 yard line seats Super Premium. I don't care how well you can see; you can't hear very well that far off axis.

My point was in regards to Rose Bowl seating this past summer. :beer: But yeah I agree with what you're saying. That's where the insanity lies!

My point was in regards to Rose Bowl seating this past summer. :beer: But yeah I agree with what you're saying. That's where the insanity lies!

OK, Super Premium went out to the 20s at the middle height in 2007? As I recall, either very low (below row 25, I think), or very high at the Rose Bowl, you could be at midfield and still be only Premium. I don't remember what yardlines Super Premium stretched between at the middle height, but I thought it was between the 30s or 35s, which is what you suggested a couple of posts ago. But I can't find last year's seating chart, either, to confirm. The latest one I could find was for 2004.

Edited by Peel Paint

Well, not everyone can call 200 bucks chump change like you can.

$150 actually

If someone is so financially strapped that $150 is going to make or break a family vacation they shouldn't be making a $1500+ trip in the first place.

Go to a regional or local show instead.

$150 actually

If someone is so financially strapped that $150 is going to make or break a family vacation they shouldn't be making a $1500+ trip in the first place.

Go to a regional or local show instead.

Well, that's not really fair ....

I mean if a family budgets $1500, then they budget $1500. Kudos to them for knowing their limit and sticking to it. If you're saying that if you can afford $1500 then you should be able to afford $1650, then logic dictates that you should then be able to afford $1800, which means that you should also be able to afford $1950, etc., etc., ad nauseum ad infinitum (.02 to Stef).

Not making any larger points about the price of tickets here, but I don't find it unreasonable for someone to say that their budget can afford $1500 (or whatever) and another $150 will put them out of range.

Well, that's not really fair ....

I mean if a family budgets $1500, then they budget $1500. Kudos to them for knowing their limit and sticking to it. If you're saying that if you can afford $1500 then you should be able to afford $1650, then logic dictates that you should then be able to afford $1800, which means that you should also be able to afford $1950, etc., etc., ad nauseum ad infinitum (.02 to Stef).

Not making any larger points about the price of tickets here, but I don't find it unreasonable for someone to say that their budget can afford $1500 (or whatever) and another $150 will put them out of range.

There is almost a year left to plan and save. Also the $150 was cutting the ticket price in HALF, which is pretty unreasonable to be honest.

In reality we are talking about a $13 difference per ticket if you completely ignore getting the Div II/III tickets