2008 Final$ package ticket price preview

I've already made my decision. As you can tell, nobody else is going to tell me what to do. Yes you can spend less if you basically want to sit in the endzone.

That's entirely overblown. Your hyperbole is grating, and that's why you look silly. DCI is maximizing its revenue, and if you don't care for that, then maybe you can get some sort of government subsidy for DCI to keep their tickets to what you consider reasonable.

In fact, let's make tickets $1. That would make them more family friendly, right? I say DCI is anti-family if they don't have 50 yard line $1 tickets. And they should also have the option to bring a can of food in lieu of the dollar.

Jeez, dude. You sound like a Marxist. The FACT is that you can get the seats you had last year for about the same price as last year. But to promote Open Class and the lack of attendance, they're offering first choice to people willing to take on Open class tickets. Sorry, but you've suggested several times that Open class should get to march on the same field, etc. etc., and that DCI is killing drum corps etc. etc. Well now you can't have it both ways. DCI is supporting Open class with this ticket package in a way they never have before. They're putting Open class front & center. And just like most other organizations that sell some sort of ticket package, some tickets are "more desirable". When I get NFL season tickets, I have to buy preseason tickets for the right to the same seat all season. This is no different.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a post talking about drum corps changing into something completely different (or in other words, the death of drum corps)

Here is your response to said post about the death of drum corps.

Granted the original post is only partially related to the $40 increase, so my post was a bit unfair.

The original post you cite (as well as my response) does not decry the death of drum corps, but the conversion of DCI drum corps into complete marching bands. There are drum corps outside of DCI. The DCI bands will not be the unique entity that made the diehards go crazy anymore. They will be a higher level of something that already exists and were never able to succeed in the summer before.

OK, because they are inherently true.

I want a new car. I can't afford it. I won't get a new car because of this.

Some people want the best finals tickets. They can't afford it. They won't get the best finals tickets because of that. This is nothing new, it has happened every year.

That is how the world works whether you like it or not.

The oil companies are pricing some families out of having heat in the winter, or being able to afford to drive to work while billionairs get richer. But that's OK because that's capitalism and that's the way the world works. It's also pricing some drum corps out of business as well, but that's OK.

The oil companies are pricing some families out of having heat in the winter, or being able to afford to drive to work while billionairs get richer. But that's OK because that's capitalism and that's the way the world works. It's also pricing some drum corps out of business as well, but that's OK.

soviet_old_soviet_union_flag.jpg

Oil is a commodity, drum corps is a luxury. It's hard to equate the two...

So, if I were a dress, you will buy me four ticket packages??? :P b**bs

That's entirely overblown. Your hyperbole is grating, and that's why you look silly. DCI is maximizing its revenue, and if you don't care for that, then maybe you can get some sort of government subsidy for DCI to keep their tickets to what you consider reasonable.

In fact, let's make tickets $1. That would make them more family friendly, right? I say DCI is anti-family if they don't have 50 yard line $1 tickets. And they should also have the option to bring a can of food in lieu of the dollar.

Jeez, dude. You sound like a Marxist. The FACT is that you can get the seats you had last year for about the same price as last year. But to promote Open Class and the lack of attendance, they're offering first choice to people willing to take on Open class tickets. Sorry, but you've suggested several times that Open class should get to march on the same field, etc. etc., and that DCI is killing drum corps etc. etc. Well now you can't have it both ways. DCI is supporting Open class with this ticket package in a way they never have before. They're putting Open class front & center. And just like most other organizations that sell some sort of ticket package, some tickets are "more desirable". When I get NFL season tickets, I have to buy preseason tickets for the right to the same seat all season. This is no different.

Me, a marxist? Now that's funny.

Also, you can force people to buy the Open Class tickets in the package, but you can't force them to go, so tell me about it when there is a significant increase in the attendance of the Open Class shows. Peresonally, I hope people do go. I'm just not sure that's really going to happen.

I will pay exactly the same price for this year's Finals ticket as I did last year...$0. DCI priced me out of Finals years ago.

Finally, as I said before, when DCI has one quarter the fan base that the NFL, NBA, MLB or even the NHL, then talk to me about them pricing tickets comparitively. The fact that you can afford season tickets means that you are in a better position that many if not most people. Congratulations. If you have worked hard to earn that, I really mean it. An attitude that says that capitalism means the rich get richer while cutting everything off from the mainstream is, to me, elitism. I don't know if you hold that attitude.

Enjoy the game.

Oil is a commodity, drum corps is a luxury. It's hard to equate the two...

Capitalism is capitalism. I'm not anticapitalism, but DCI doesn't have to put the squeeze on. They choose to.

The original post you cite (as well as my response) does not decry the death of drum corps, but the conversion of DCI drum corps into complete marching bands. There are drum corps outside of DCI. The DCI bands will not be the unique entity that made the diehards go crazy anymore. They will be a higher level of something that already exists and were never able to succeed in the summer before.

Semantics. This is a discussion about DCI not DCA or anything else.

Haha, you didn't really just compare watching a drum corps show for entertainment to having heat in the winter did you? Just when I thought DCP couldn't get any sillier with its analogies.

Finally, as I said before, when DCI has one quarter the fan base that the NFL, NBA, MLB or even the NHL, then talk to me about them pricing tickets comparitively. The fact that you can afford season tickets means that you are in a better position that many if not most people. Congratulations. If you have worked hard to earn that, I really mean it. An attitude that says that capitalism means the rich get richer while cutting everything off from the mainstream is, to me, elitism. I don't know if you hold that attitude.

Enjoy the game.

But DCI isn't pricing finals tickets comparitively to any of those. If they were $290 for a single ticket would be the deal of the decade.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the rich getting richer in terms of this conversation. The rich certainly aren't getting richer by buying tickets, and DCI certainly shouldn't be considered the rich. In this case the rich get poorer and the poor get richer.

But DCI isn't pricing finals tickets comparitively to any of those. If they were $290 for a single ticket would be the deal of the decade.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the rich getting richer in terms of this conversation. The rich certainly aren't getting richer by buying tickets, and DCI certainly shouldn't be considered the rich. In this case the rich get poorer and the poor get richer.

How do you figure that?