2008 Final$ package ticket price preview

It won't be the end of the world if drum corps no longer exists either. But that's not what we really want, is it?

And I'm the one who got called an elitist. WOW! :whistle:

And yet you aren't addressing the point. How is 2008 Finals more difficult to attend than 2007 or 2006 or 1975 or 1974 or... How is it suddenly harder for someone or group to spontaneously attend Finals? It's never been easy.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet you aren't addressing the point. How is 2008 Finals more difficult to attend than 2007 or 2006 or 1975 or 1974 or... How is it suddenly harder for someone or group to spontaneously attend Finals? It's never been easy.

It's never been hard. That's relative, of course. Your point stands... the degree of difference being profered here doesn't wash with the truth. It's not about if it is hard or easy for any one person or family, but suggesting it's somehow massively different from 2007... well, doesn't seem to be by any data I've seen.

I've already made my decision. As you can tell, nobody else is going to tell me what to do. Yes you can spend less if you basically want to sit in the endzone.

The sky is not falling. I never claimed it was. However, DCI has determined that they want their product to be for the smallest viable niche that excludes many if not most people, whether it be members or fans...even corps. Back in the day, drum corps was for anyone and everyone. Membership costs were minimal and ticket prices allowed families to even treat friends to the best the activity had to offer. The same simply cannot be said today. For those of you who say that's the way it should be, don't call me an elitist. I would like to include as many as possible.

Back in the day gas cost 40 cents a gallon, and my parents built a home for 24K..

Back in the day gas cost 40 cents a gallon, and my parents built a home for 24K..

Wouldn't that be nice!!! B)

After 32 pages all I can say is HA-HA!

People wanted more professional drum corps, people wanted more mainstream drum corps. Well now you have it.

Oh forgot to mention that mainstream costs more. Amps cost money. Coast-to-coast touring costs money. ESPN time costs money. Someone has to pay for it.

Enjoy! And pay up. *chuckle*

People wanted more professional drum corps, people wanted more mainstream drum corps. Well now you have it.

Oh forgot to mention that mainstream costs more. Amps cost money. Coast-to-coast touring costs money. ESPN time costs money. Someone has to pay for it.

Oh man you totally told us. :blush:

I believe the appropriate response to that is "what-ever". :P

Remember be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.

That's fine. I'm not one of the people that really wants drum corps to become mainstream and I think the ticket prices are quite reasonable so I'm happy :P

How is drum corps more main stream? It seems to me that, despite the ESPN broadcast which shows next to nothing, drum corps is becoming less and less mainstream than it ever was.