Happy Birthday Boo

Wow, all the people on this site are soooo young!

Happy Birthday, Mike.

I must share this with your many friends and readers especially as I now have become a reader of your splendid insight and almost endearing love of what drum corps was and is. It must be great to be able to see the long view as you do. Mike, you gave me a chance to blow my own horn about the drum corps I love so much and that was a huge thing to me. I saw recently a post where you invited folks to write about experiences they had with their instructors. Thanks for your work.

Hope you're still at when you get to be my age.

Puppet

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MIKE BOO WAS A MALLET PLAYER?!

*Bows*

Happy Birthday

MIKE BOO WAS A MALLET PLAYER?!

*Bows*

Yeah, there are several close ups of him in the 78 show.... :beer:

Thank you, all. As someone pointed out, I was with my Mom today in the hospital. She's recovering from knee surgery and having a rough time. I'm also taking care of my dad (stuff going on there I can't get into) and my deaf and blind brother who lives at home.

A few corrections: I marched mallets in Cavaliers in 1976 and 1977, not 1978. In 1975, I was playing a horn, not the xylophone, though I marched xylophone in the post-DCI shows. Some of you will remember when the season didn't end with DCI Worlds.

And to the person who was quite impressed I played mallets...you are right to be impressed. :)

I started playing mallets because of Michael Boo. :P And the fact in 1984 I got to play that gem of a opener..Jade...composed by?...nothing other than the Boo man himself..:)

Happy Birthday my Cavalier Brother!! I'll send Jim Reiss over to eat your shot glasses!!

Happy birthday, Mike!

Happy birthday Mike.