Who would you rather see?

The reasons you just expressed for choosing Madison are what I would call "charity" and that is not a good reason to air a corps on TV. This really is not about Madison anyway. Madison was mearly an example of a corps that could be chosen for the broadcast if they chose to show bottom placing World Class corps instead of Open Class (am I right assuming that, Tom...I don't want to put words in your mouth). If they did do that, it wouldn't JUST be Madison being aired. So don't make this about Madison. It's about a selection of corps. Not just "one corps". This is another reason I didn't like Madison being chosen for this poll (as it is on the Open Class forum). Of course Madison is going to get some sentimental charity and that is another reason that makes use of them in the example unfair to Spartans. This is not about petitioning for a love offering. This is about balancing the overall scope of the drum corps activity so that all facits are profitable. Open Class has not been profitable enough. So to say that airing Madison would be "the best thing for the whole activity" is to not look at the overall big picture.

OK!! I know! I guess I should have said that I choose Madison for sentimental AND SELFISH reasons. I agree that Div.2/3 would benefit from showing Spartans. I apologize, I really wasn't taking this seriously enough, I guess. I'm sure that if I was in this situation for real, I would put Spartans on. It would be the responsible thing to do. I wasn't being responsible, nor too serious....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. 1975 DCI World Champions.

-Slaughter on 10th. Ave

-Mac Arthur Park

-Rhapsody in Blue

-Dueling Banjos

-The Way We Were

Just want to keep DCP informed...

:) ^OO^

Interesting as Regiment 05 did Rhapsody in Blue. I guess I could look it up on Corpsreps, but has Slaughter been perfomed since? Has anyone ever done Dueling Banjos since?

Interesting as Regiment 05 did Rhapsody in Blue. I guess I could look it up on Corpsreps, but has Slaughter been perfomed since? Has anyone ever done Dueling Banjos since?

Well, aside from the Madison Alumni Corps last year, Slaughter was played again in 82 and 89.

I Don't think Dueling Banjos was done again.

Madison

OK!! I know! I guess I should have said that I choose Madison for sentimental AND SELFISH reasons. I agree that Div.2/3 would benefit from showing Spartans. I apologize, I really wasn't taking this seriously enough, I guess. I'm sure that if I was in this situation for real, I would put Spartans on. It would be the responsible thing to do. I wasn't being responsible, nor too serious....

No need to apologize. I wasn't coming down on you. And there is nothing wrong with expressing a little sentiment now and then either. It's drum corps and sentiment is a big part of what feeds the excitement for the activity. Just pointing out the other side of the coin is all. :)

it'd be cool to see madison but i think spartans would "deserve" the exposure simply because well...wasn't the div 2/3 finals crowd still smaller than the semi-finals crowd?

II/III finals always has a smaller crowd than any of the three Div I events, so you're right.

Edited by marimbaman89