And we lose yet another...

*Now waiting for someone to blame DCI being in California for this...*

well it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that this was a contributing factor. is one wrong to throw it out as one of the issues as to why they're not fielding for 2008?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially with their food truck going down in the middle of the season and Rick Bays having to drive around Capital Regiment's food truck so they could eat.

Does anyone ever say anything other than "financial difficulty"? I mean, no big corps folds up its tents because they're just done, sans Star.

Can anyone provide any information about said financial difficulties?

I think the biggest problem with Southwind was when they left the Madison Drum Corps Association was to get established in Lexington. Finances have been a struggle since the corps left the MDCA and I would suspect that it finally caught up with them.

Please Come back S-Dub.

www.southwind.org

....Sad news indeed, and with Cap Reg not returning in 2008, it makes you wonder if this corps will get back on its feet.

This is a very dark day for drum corps how sad !! :(

I think the biggest problem with Southwind was when they left the Madison Drum Corps Association was to get established in Lexington. Finances have been a struggle since the corps left the MDCA and I would suspect that it finally caught up with them.

Okay, but didn't MDCA have financial trouble of its own?

Separately, reading about the Cap Regiment food truck helping out SW this summer made me wonder whether consolidating the two idle corps might make sense.

HH

Edited by glory

I know and marched with Mike. I know the Loeffelholz family. They are passionate drum corps people who give their heart and soul to drum corps and Southwind. They are a class act. I am certain that this was not an easy decision for them to make. They will do everything possible to get Southwind back on its feet.

Okay, but didn't MDCA have financial trouble of its own?

Separately, reading about the Cap Regiment food truck helping out SW this summer made me wonder whether consolidating the two idle corps might make sense.

HH

News flash. The corps wasn't any better off while under the umbrela of the MDBCA. MDBCA tried to fold SW after the 2003 season for reasons that had nothing to do with Southwind. I know. I was there. The corps was much better off as a stand alone group.

Southwind is one of the best run, most high class groups that I have ever been apart of. There comes a point though, where too many odds are stacked against you. This year may be the best thing for SW. It has certainly worked before.

My heart beats with SW. I bleed black and yellow. The summer won't be the same without the Yellow Team.