Did Narration cost Cadets the 2007 Championship?

Cadets Narration  

407 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

Look, Im not trying to talk anyone into anything here. And judging by the poll results, im not alone in my thinking. I fully understand the captions and Fridays were ALOT different than Saturdays with regards to placement.

Edited by BlueByYou2000

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. This debate is really nonsense. Sure, IMO, the show would have been better without the narration, but there’s no way it cost them the Championship. I can’t even imagine how narration adversely affected their percussion (4th), guard (4th), ensemble music (3rd), and ensemble vision (2nd by .40). Furthermore, there’s no way without the narration they would have picked-up a point on BD in other captions. Please put this debate to rest… BD beat the Cadets; narration didn’t.

Edited by jcn8

ok, but on a serious note....i havent really looked at the recap until now (someone posted it in this thread). But I have seen both shows plenty of times via season pass to really wonder how BD even won visual ensemble let alone by almost a half a point....is visual ensemble the cleanlinest of the drill from an overall package from higher up?? because there was some extreme dirt in that closer, and a few other sections to get them a 19.8 in visual (highly inflated IMO) but compared to the visual package and demand the Cadets put out, four tenths seems way to much which if anything that should've went the other way....especially given how much down time from marching BD had. and two more that stick out to me is the spread for the colorguard score and music ensemble. I dont see how BD's guard even beat out the CBCCG let alone by two tenths, and the extreme spread in music ensemble. I DO however agree with some of the other caption scores....I just think that with some of those spreads a few of those judges had a hidden agenda on finals night

I don't want to start another debate on this but I wonder what would have happened on quarters if they didn't use narration. Would the crowd have reacted the same? Would they have had a better quarterfinals show which would have set them up for the next 2 nights? I know for a fact the members were a little down after that whole incident....just putting it out there.