Did Narration cost Cadets the 2007 Championship?

Cadets Narration  

407 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The caption scores are WITH the narration. How much do you think they would have changed WITHOUT the narration? That's a very hypothetical question.

The percussion and color guard scores? (4th place in both)

Not very much

Edit: Had they gotten perfect scores in GE Music and Music Ensemble they would have still lost by .225

Edited by dbc03

The percussion and color guard scores? (4th place in both)

Not very much

Edit: Had they gotten perfect scores in GE Music and Music Ensemble they would have still lost by .225

Yeah, that may be so, but with the way the judging is done by comparing (don't be so naive to believe it doesn't happen) then some of BD's caption scores might have been different. Maybe. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that may be so, but with the way the judging is done by comparing (don't be so naive to believe it doesn't happen) then some of BD's caption scores might have been different. Maybe. :drool:

So you are saying that the guard and percussion judges would have given BD lower scores if the Cadets had no narration? :rolleyes:

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure crowd booing and crowd cheering has very little to do with who wins. At least, I hope not.

unfortunatly i would think that it does. you are supposed to not change the way you perform based on the crowd but if you were being heckled during your show it doesnt exactly hype you.

as for the hash marks

i am actually really happy that george hopkins did something

i know it caused a big stink with the fans but we were in 12 and on quarters

i could not mark off my dot on the field

i had to do it from the side line

especialy with some of the cadets insane drill

someone coiuld have been seriosly hurt

Errr...did they? From fans? I doubt they lost any respect from actual fans.

I personally think the show is amazing and if I have my age-out year back (which was 2007, and I didn't march it), I would definitely want to march at The Cadets.

If anything, I think it's gaining them MORE respect.

So, anybody who lost respect for the Cadets due to a distaste of narration is not an actual fan? You can be a drum corps fan no matter what your opinion of any certain corps.

unfortunatly i would think that it does. you are supposed to not change the way you perform based on the crowd but if you were being heckled during your show it doesnt exactly hype you.

as for the hash marks

i am actually really happy that george hopkins did something

i know it caused a big stink with the fans but we were in 12 and on quarters

i could not mark off my dot on the field

i had to do it from the side line

especialy with some of the cadets insane drill

someone coiuld have been seriosly hurt

and also because of Hopkins causing a big stink, semis and finals were very well kept as far as hashes and yardlines....so some positive results did come about

So you are saying that the guard and percussion judges would have given BD lower scores if the Cadets had no narration? :blink:

I think he's saying that if Cadets did not have narration they would have had higher scores in the music captions (specifically music GE) but since there's not much room for growth there over their current score the judges would have pushed BD's scores down. However, this requires a kind of thinking not consistent with "all other things being equal". Basically, it opens up a whole new level of speculation which makes this conversation even more rediculous than it already is.

I stand by my statement that the caption scores the voice appeared to have no bearing on the point difference between BD and Cadets with all other aspects of the show remaining equal. Speculating how a completely different show would have scored against BD is a futile attempt, IMO.