Did Narration cost Cadets the 2007 Championship?

Cadets Narration  

407 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

I think people booed because of Hopkins, who is intrinsically connected to the amps/narration issue in many people's minds.

The narration in Cadets' show had nothing to do with it.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narration or not I am not buying into the point spread on finals night.

I voted yes without thinking it through, but I'd actually say no. It might've helped them in the long run, but I don't think it would have helped them enough.

for those talking about how general effect wasnt the problem caption wise, did you people consider that maybe their general effect score would have been even higher without it? granted it would have required some different show design, thus making this thread even more hopelessly speculatory, but i hope thats at least being considered.

regardless, narration or not, (even if they gave out cookies and milk to the audience) myself and countless others knew that there was no possible way they were going to win the championship on finals night. this is completely irrelevant to whether or not they earned it. it was just kind of general knowledge, especially after the quarters debacle, that regardless of how much drama the judges threw in on semis night, the kids were performing what would eventually be a 2nd place drum corps show. narration or not.

Edited by Jared_mello