Did Narration cost Cadets the 2007 Championship?

Cadets Narration  

407 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

i mean u really dont see any cadets in here

well it's probably because it's in the past and we've gotten enough harps on narration. you think it'd be pretty cliche by now to even bother

i think it's about even really.

some of those people with "Div. 1 trumpet" or whatever.

guess where they marched?

I'd know which ones are, there are more BD's talking here by a good margin. And there are definitely even less members who marched 07 in here.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how this factoid from 2006 proves or disproves anything regarding 2007.

It'll make more sense when you read the post he quoted.

Yeah yeah....just like the other ELEVEN wins...NONE of which was on the west side of the Continental Divide???

By that logic, Spirit should've won in 84, and Scouts in any year finals were held in Madison.

Im sorry, but your logic is far worse. Just because someone thinks the cali finals may have helped the blue devils win, doesnt mean they are dismissing the other 11, or saying that the home team always wins. It has happened the past 3 years, more or less, but its hardly a long term trend. Would the blue devils have won this year on the east coast?...probably. Did having finals in cali for the first time give them a little extra something?...probably. Its not an either or thing (and it usually never is)

Im sorry, but your logic is far worse. Just because someone thinks the cali finals may have helped the blue devils win, doesnt mean they are dismissing the other 11, or saying that the home team always wins. It has happened the past 3 years, more or less, but its hardly a long term trend. Would the blue devils have won this year on the east coast?...probably. Did having finals in cali for the first time give them a little extra something?...probably. Its not an either or thing (and it usually never is)

I think it's a fair argument either way. Just not an argument anyone will ever win.

Yeah yeah....just like the other ELEVEN wins...NONE of which was on the west side of the Continental Divide???

By that logic, Spirit should've won in 84, and Scouts in any year finals were held in Madison.

Mmmmmmmmm

i loved that 84 show

i think it's about even really.

some of those people with "Div. 1 trumpet" or whatever.

guess where they marched?

some of those ppl?? i think just one right here. hi....and i got it, i marched Cadets along with 2 other ppl in this thread that marched 07. Now go tally up the blue team and their posts and count the results

some of those ppl?? i think just one right here. hi....and i got it, i marched Cadets along with 2 other ppl in this thread that marched 07. Now go tally up the blue team and their posts and count the results

Not attacking anyone here, but why does it matter?

it was brought up

Indeed it was. Still doesn't really answer my question, but I'll take a shot at making it relevant.

The title of the thread questions the outcome of 2007, so it would only make sense that it's saturated with Blue Devils.

You said you have three 07 posters in here. We also have three from 07.

Edited by bluublood

I thought the Cadets were awesome this year, and especially after Stanford and Clovis they put that extra fire under our butts... (something that didn't really happen until the day after quarters in 04)

As for the home team advantage, if for nothing else, I think having the crowd be a few decibels louder helps the adrenaline a bit. In 06, you can't tell me that Phantom didn't feed off the love the crowd was giving them (sure they had a great show too, but I think being near to the home of their biggest fanbase contributed too).

Anyway, I don't think Cadets narration cost them the championship. I don't know the show well, but to me it doesn't seem like it has much of a theme without the narration to tie it together, aside from cool music and visual (which I guess was what BD 03 was for the most part...) Anyway, its way too late at night (or early in the morning?), I don't really know what I'm talkin about at this point :)

Edited by DKracing