Did Narration cost Cadets the 2007 Championship?

Cadets Narration  

407 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

And, no offense, but if George Hopkins hadn't so psychologically shaken up a corps that was focused and ready to kick ### by pulling them off the field before the performance and putting them back on to the tune of audience boos, the Cadets performance that night and, perhaps the top three placements, might have been very different.

And yes, I was there. Not on the field of course, but I was in the stands all three nights of Championships.

I am just amazed that people are still blaming the Cadets mental shake up and lack of focus on just Hopkins when the bulk of that blame should be on those in the crowd who booed.

Edited by TXMystreaux

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narration aside (educated people are not distracted by the use of narration), I still can't believe the disparity in Viaual Performance and Visual Ensemble scores. The Devs visual package was nothing to write home about and certainly was not as challenging while the Cadets were letting it fly. The corps doing the most with a strong level of performance should get more credit than a corps doing much less and maxing out their rep.

Narration aside (educated people are not distracted by the use of narration), I still can't believe the disparity in Viaual Performance and Visual Ensemble scores. The Devs visual package was nothing to write home about and certainly was not as challenging while the Cadets were letting it fly. The corps doing the most with a strong level of performance should get more credit than a corps doing much less and maxing out their rep.

QFT

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, like a breath of fresh air! :whistle::lol::lol::lol:

Narration aside (educated people are not distracted by the use of narration)

wine-taster.gif

I say, old chap, that narration was simply brilliant. Just full of ideas that these oafish simpletons can't hope to comprehend or remotely grasp.

Shall we retire to the study for a snifter of brandy with our esteemed fraternity?

Top drawer... simply top drawer. :P

Well if the bluecoats can be first in brass and go to fourth, the Cadets can certainly go from 1st in visual ensemble both nights to being 0.40 below the bluedevils who they owned by 0.40. Same thing with the CG score for cadets to drop 3 places in one night.

So I don't understand why people care about numbers so much when judges can't figure out some kind of consistency from night to night from corps to corps.

I still find it amazing that the Cadets have been able to take the heft of DCI's attention for the last 3 years in a row, regardless of their scores. Eitherway, it is safe to assume that 07 cadets was one of the most difficult shows I've seen the last 8 years. But on a personal note, I still cannot see how the Blue Devils were scoring very high in visuals (all of a sudden) as compared to what the Cadets were doing out there.

Edited by ZealJ03

Also to add to the past couple post, I can't comprehend one thing. The cadets came into quarters having beaten the blue team the last two times they met (even if it was by a small margin). They then had 3 long rehearsal days because we all know they don't do I&E, compared to I'm assuming 2 blue devil rehearsal days (which probably aren't as long). Yet bd somehow ended cleaner...but who knows, maybe they did out perform the cadets all 3 nights :whistle:

wine-taster.gif

I say, old chap, that narration was simply brilliant. Just full of ideas that these oafish simpletons can't hope to comprehend or remotely grasp.

Shall we retire to the study for a snifter of brandy with our esteemed fraternity?

Top drawer... simply top drawer. :P

Bawker -

I love you.

Hockey Dad

I also am confused how the Blue Devils did so well in the Visual G.E. department. I wont deny that they march and executed at high levels, although they did have some obvious dirt, but there were a few other visual packages that were much more appealing, well written, and demanding. The Cadets was the obvious....but SCV?? they were dirty so I agree they dont win visual G.E., but that was a great package. I think Phantom and Bluecoats both also had better drill than BD. IMO BD was cleaner than all the latter sans Cadets, but its a shame how (as someone pointed out) a maxed out less demand show equals a better score than highly executed high velocity drill. I really hope thats not always going to be the case, because I would hate for drum corps to take the easy approach to designing their shows if thats how you want to win.

Also to add to the past couple post, I can't comprehend one thing. The cadets came into quarters having beaten the blue team the last two times they met (even if it was by a small margin). They then had 3 long rehearsal days because we all know they don't do I&E, compared to I'm assuming 2 blue devil rehearsal days (which probably aren't as long). Yet bd somehow ended cleaner...but who knows, maybe they did out perform the cadets all 3 nights :whistle:

Actually only the participants went to I&E while the rest of us remained at the school working our tails off. Thanks :)