MOE KNOX

By my count, Maurice D. Knox Jr. has been on the sidelines--probably weraring same dungo bell bottoms--for over 45 years wth his trusty tools.

The lucre he's raked in from this activity wouldn't provide most of us with beer money, much less a living.

He's at virtually every Park City Pride rehearsal; if you asked him, "Hey Moe, d'ya have any shots from the 1967 Dream?" he'd show up with some the next week.

Not only should he be in the HoF, but some interested parties should look into digitizing his zillions of photos.

Kudos to Al Chez for getting this thread rolling ...

Ace

Timmy ... you never cease to amaze me with the accuracy of your statements ... true, Moe couldn't buy anyone a beer with the $$ he earned over the years ... hell he could barely afford toll money and more than once slept in his van when covering "double" shows on a weekend ... AND THOSE BELL BOTTOM JEANS ... YIKES! ... they stand at attention by themselves ... LOL ... just kidding ... take it from one who has visited Moe's version of Norman Bates' mansion on more than one occasion to dig out some old PAL and Skyliner photos ... he was an absolute master at his craft ... he and Bob Hunter definitely added visual intrigue into reading DCN ... I also agree on digitizing his collection (and trust me - I've seen his master load) ... I talked to him a long time ago about it and he was very reluctant to do so ... maybe you could prod him into it before the negatives evaporate ... LOL ...

Andy "VOTE FOR MOE!" Lisko

......since More was not in a drum corps,

i believe you are incorrect on that point. he wore his old Connecticut Hurricanes member jacket to a Hurcs Friends & Family Day in 2002. he told me what year it was from, thought i can't recall it for the life of me at this moment in time. hopefully someone else can fill in the pieces.

i believe you are incorrect on that point. he wore his old Connecticut Hurricanes member jacket to a Hurcs Friends & Family Day in 2002. he told me what year it was from, thought i can't recall it for the life of me at this moment in time. hopefully someone else can fill in the pieces.

Moe was in the Hurs in 61 and started snapping shots of them and other corps at shows ... the pics became a big hit and in 62 he stopped marching and began traveling to shows anywhere he could in CT/MA/NY/NJ taking picures ... none of the royalty constraints that exist now ... everyone was just glad to see him ... BTW ... is Stetson D. Richmond in anyone's HOF? ... :blush:

Andy

Edited by ajlisko

Moe was in the Hurs in 61 started snapping shots of them and other corps at shows ... the pis became a big hit and in 62 he stopped marching and began traveling to shows anywhere he could in CT/MA/NY/NJ taking picures ... none of the royalty constraints that exist now ... everyone was just glad to see him ... BTW ... is Stetson D. Richmond in anyone's HOF? ... :blush:

Andy

I believe Moe may have played a Bass drum. I'm pretty sure he played Bass for the Shriner's D&B Corps, because I tried to recruit him to play Bass in the Shriner's Pipe Band.

Jim Ormiston, Park City Pride :blink::blink::blush: :mmm:

good question,...................

PADCHOF should also have Alf.........note to self............

Wow, second that one.

If it wasn't for AW, a lot of RCA and other small corps members would not have recordings.

Our selection committee has, in hand, over 150 resumes/applications of candidates, many of whom clearly meet the criteria for the election process. Yes, financial constraints limit the number of inductees each year. If we were to receive a grant to provide for a greater number of openings, we could surely look to revising our proven procedures to accomodate additional new members. That's the ideal.

serious question, possibly because I don't understand, but what are the financial constraints on having a larger class?

Wow, second that one.

If it wasn't for AW, a lot of RCA and other small corps members would not have recordings.

I sat next to him on the sidelines as runner for the field judges for many RCA championships here in Erie,.......................also met his son Fran who marched Madison in the mid 70's as well...................main reason I am a Scouts fan today,............Is that stuff cataloged and available?,...................we are talking some real obscure stuff here you know,..............

serious question, possibly because I don't understand, but what are the financial constraints on having a larger class?

Jim can give a difinitive answer, but, if I had to guess, the WDCHOF pays for the inductees plaque, bb cap, shirt?, dinner and room for the induction ceremony hel on DCA weekend ... not sure if tix to any of the shows are also funded ... there are usually 5-7 inductees so it could get a little costly ...

Andy

Moe was in the Hurs in 61 started snapping shots of them and other corps at shows ... the pis became a big hit and in 62 he stopped marching and began traveling to shows anywhere he could in CT/MA/NY/NJ taking picures ... none of the royalty constraints that exist now ... everyone was just glad to see him ...

Andy thank you for filling in the gaps of what i remembered/forgot. :)