MOE KNOX

There may have been many photographers around the drum corps activity but in my forty something years of participating I only know MOE.

Let Moe in!!! :blush:

My vote also goes for Moe. I remember back in 1969 when I was in the Air Force in Denver, Colorado, I had ordered some pictures of the Hurcs and sent him a letter. He took the time to write me back. Since I am a member of Park City Pride now, Moe came up to me several months ago and showed me the letter that I had sent him 38 years ago.

I believe it is a great disservice to him and the drum corps activity not having him in the Hall of Fame. The memories he has brought all of us through his gift can't be forgotten. His pictures are memories to me & my wife, my children & grandchildren.

We were more than customers to him, we were and still are his family. He can recall many of our names, shows, corps, etc. just as we all can recall the shows and people that we were involved in.

Thanks Alan Chez for starting this thread. And thank you Moe Knox. You are in our Hall of Fame!!!! :blink::blink::blush::blush:

Former snare drummer of the Connecticut Yankees, Milford Shoreliners, Connecticut Hurricanes & current member of Park City Pride... and I have pictures to prove it!!!

Benji

The Sunrisers have over 1000 pictures on their web site. Check it out and see how many great shots are Moe Knox products.

Over the last 40+ years, Moe captured so many memorable moments for all of us. Think about it. If you want a picture of the Smithtown Freelancers from 1967 or the Long Island Kingsmen from 1978 you're not going to call Ghost Busters, you're going to call MOE KNOX.

It's time for Moe to be recognized for his contribution to our activity.

VOTE MOE IN, VOTE MOE IN,

My vote also goes for Moe. I remember back in 1969 when I was in the Air Force in Denver, Colorado, I had ordered some pictures of the Hurcs and sent him a letter. He took the time to write me back. Since I am a member of Park City Pride now, Moe came up to me several months ago and showed me the letter that I had sent him 38 years ago.

I believe it is a great disservice to him and the drum corps activity not having him in the Hall of Fame. The memories he has brought all of us through his gift can't be forgotten. His pictures are memories to me & my wife, my children & grandchildren.

We were more than customers to him, we were and still are his family. He can recall many of our names, shows, corps, etc. just as we all can recall the shows and people that we were involved in.

Thanks Alan Chez for starting this thread. And thank you Moe Knox. You are in our Hall of Fame!!!! :blink::blink::blush::blush:

Former snare drummer of the Connecticut Yankees, Milford Shoreliners, Connecticut Hurricanes & current member of Park City Pride... and I have pictures to prove it!!!

Benji

Benji;

Two of my favorite photos of the Park City drumline was the Semi circle Moe took at the 04 Dress rehersal at Kennedy Stadium and the massive combined Park City,Hurcs, and CT Alumni in West Haven. I think Moe has a real soft spot for our line.

Jim Ormiston

I couldn't agree more on Moe...

I've changed my avatar to a pic he took of me at the 1967 American Legion Nationals - the mudbath at Fenway Park Boston - this pic was on the front page of Drum Corps News...

As a voting member of the WDCHOF, it would be my pleasure to vote for him...

i remeber that show..........my 1st competing at the a.l. nats. tom you looked good back then . clean shaved and all. BTW i rember that pic.

As my Saints compadres Alan and Peter have already said, Moe's stuff captured a large part of our lives. We would stand around in the Annex looking at Moe's proof sheets spread out on the edge of the stage and place orders every couple of weeks.

As for me personally, he was ALWAYS available to help whenever I needed publicity shots for DCA, not to mention all the mentoring he provided during my early days using my Pentax along the sidelines. I still ask myself "is this how Moe would shoot it?" whenever photographing live events.

Whatever we can do to recognize Moe, we must do - AND NOW!

jo

As my Saints compadres Alan and Peter have already said, Moe's stuff captured a large part of our lives. We would stand around in the Annex looking at Moe's proof sheets spread out on the edge of the stage and place orders every couple of weeks.

As for me personally, he was ALWAYS available to help whenever I needed publicity shots for DCA, not to mention all the mentoring he provided during my early days using my Pentax along the sidelines. I still ask myself "is this how Moe would shoot it?" whenever photographing live events.

Whatever we can do to recognize Moe, we must do - AND NOW!

jo

dont let this go away ...

I would like to see our dear friend Moe invited to be "A Special Guest of Honor" at both the next DCI and DCA Championship events. There, both crowds would be given an opportunity to give Moe a standing ovation commensurate with his contribution to our activity. Say, for an hour or so. b**bs

Seriously, maybe a retrospect of some of his more memorable photos could be shown up on the big screen, while the commentater shared a brief history of Moe's drum corps exploits.

This is, of course, in addition to him being enshrined in the HOF.