Hi Guys,

Yep that's Nisei, 1972, State St parade, Chicago, IL--I believe it was the Cinco de Mayo celebration. (check the war of the world street lights, gone now) Technically, we were the Ambassadors but really it is the B corp in A corp dress--The Nisei Envoys, which Puppet touched on by accident! The Ambassadors had folded as we knew them but really everyone just left (many joined the DP Vanguard, 7th at DCI in '72, great show) and we mutants became the A corp by default. Welcome to hell, here's your accordion.

About three months after this photo, we marched a parade in the rain, got soaked, and put the unis on the truck and they promptly expired of mildew. Those were quality unis from the day, can't get that any more. They then took us for new unis at either Sears or K-Mart and we ended up with purple polyester pants and white short sleeved shirts. Purple berets. It was then that I decided to follow suit and join the DP Vanguard for the '73 season.

That's me on the right stinking the place up playing snare. I didn't like snare. One drum, kinda' boring. Played trips the following three years.

They say the beginning is most important--this was mine.

T

Thanks for the props, Tommy. I actually said Envoy on my very first hit after seeing the pic. Tommy and I went back and forth PM and confirmed that I recognized the uniform because I had actually marched against Nisei Ambassadors in 1969.

Ha.

And welcome in Tommy!

Puppet

Does this mean he marched in the US Army Kiltie Corps? As a former jarhead, don't all US Army men wear skirts? Cpl. Klinger sure did.

For the record. I was Air Force.

Puppet

Being Scottish I wear a kilt too. And marched Kilties '75. Do you all know how tough you have to be to wear a kilt? They don't hand them out to wooses. If you haven't worn a kilt, I'd say you weren't tough enough. Now excuse me, I have to go take my rollers out.

Being Scottish I wear a kilt too. And marched Kilties '75. Do you all know how tough you have to be to wear a kilt? They don't hand them out to wooses. If you haven't worn a kilt, I'd say you weren't tough enough. Now excuse me, I have to go take my rollers out.

just out of curiosity what do you wear under a kilt? i mean really. i love those uni's. my fav's.

WWBD!!! 75 HUH? Do you remember Jeff Neal? He is there today with me in the honor guard!

We go WAY back! :thumbdown:

Do you want the honest answer ?

no ...no ... no ... a thousand times no.!

Puppet

Do you want the honest answer ?

absolutely!! i really want to know. i've wondered about that for years. never had the balls to ask.