Nope ... it was determined that it wasn't the OLC Ramblers ... the guy who posted it last gave a hint that they were indeed from Brooklyn and the street intersection where their AL Post was located ... but, that's about it ... I found a St. Frances Cabrini parish in the neighbohood but, no one has commented on whether or not they had a corps ...

So ... the pic is still in motion ...

:-)

Ok. I got nuthin'

Guess I'm full of stupidity today.

I was actually referring to the day of the show and not the party. We hung out all day and never saw you. It was hot though so maybe you were inside all day. I guess it was a stupid statement.

Opps, sorry... With Samantha needing her insulin shot before dinner and no one else available to give it to her, we weren't able to leave till after we gave her the shot at 4PM. (if that makes any sense)

I was inside all day, it was here at home though...LOL :lol:

NOT by yourself!

:lol:

I can't stop laughing.

Nice work Marty!!!

This reminds me of the old Chris Rush comedy album, where he imitates a nun in Catholic school, yelling at a student for this very thing. She screams at him, "Every time you m-bate, you murder 50,000 potential Christians.

Andy, didn't Cabrini have an all girl drum and bell corps????

Nope ... it was determined that it wasn't the OLC Ramblers ... the guy who posted it last gave a hint that they were indeed from Brooklyn and the street intersection where their AL Post was located ... but, that's about it ... I found a St. Frances Cabrini parish in the neighbohood but, no one has commented on whether or not they had a corps ...

So ... the pic is still in motion ...

LOL, FINALLY trying out my vinyl/cassette to CD burner... Testing it out with the first "Historic" DC album I bought. Fitting as Archie just finished and Lt Norman Prince just starting (Reily and Cabs on the other side.)

Let me know how it works out.

Andy, didn't Cabrini have an all girl drum and bell corps????

I found the following online:

Mother Cabrini proved to be a shrewd businesswoman when she purchased property in Washington Heights from C.K.G. Billings. She had visited the site (190th and Fort Washington Avenue) while traveling there by horse and buggy and fell in love with the view it offered. When the sale had closed, Mother Cabrini opened the Sacred Heart Villa, a boarding school for girls, in 1899. She made it her headquarters in New York City. In 1930 the Mother Cabrini High School opened and was noted for its high educational standards. In time the Mother Cabrini all-girl marching band was organized and appears in many parades in New York City.

So ... it appears you are correct... and I've found recent testimonies to how good they are ... it's just not the corps in the pic ... ever see them Guido?

Edited by ajlisko

I think the corp in question might have had bells (4 or 5) as well as drums and bugles. Is there an historical AL post finder? I can't find one.

I think the corp in question might have had bells (4 or 5) as well as drums and bugles. Is there an historical AL post finder? I can't find one.

The AL Post finder I went through had no mention of the Post you referred to ...

Time to let us in on who it is ... even our Brooklyn Crew doesn't know ...

Edited by ajlisko