Tony, I was thinking about the very same thing!

It was always cold there. We in the Jersey Crew would leave for a weekend rehearsal at the hangars on a nice warm day in April.... and we'd have winter coats, gloves and hats with us. LOL

One of our neighbors once asked us if we were going on a ski trip. We said no.... we were just going to Brooklyn for the day. :tongue:

Yep...

We (Donna, myself and 8 others from the 1975 "Poughkeepsie Crew") used to make sure we had hooded sweatshirts and jeans packed and with us till sometime around June or July... We'd leave home in t-shirts and shorts and change once we got to Floyd Bennett Field. LOL

OT:

Ok, I've said it before and I'll say it again and again.

ALWAYS wear your Drum Corps attire!

Had to take Mom to get her glasses fixed and then we did a lil grocery shopping.

While shopping... I scooted Mom over to the side of the aisle so that a woman could easily get through in her wheelchair. Except, she drove up right next to us and stopped. So, I figured we were in the way of the products that she wanted, so, I start to scoot Mom up a lil further and the woman reaches out and grabs my arm. She smiles with tears in her eyes and I asked if she was ok or needed any help.

Come to find out...She was trying to catch up with us! She was trying to be sure that she had read my jacket correctly. The site of my Corps jacket overwhelmed her. She said it transported her back in time. She spoke of how this used to be a hotbed of Corps activity. How you used to see all kinds of Corps jackets, shirts and hats.

Not anymore. We ended up having a long conversation with her and we share mutual friends and I know some of her relatives that used to be involved locally. Of course, I told her about Diceman Radio and she was elated that I gave her all my contact info. She couldn't thank me enough for wearing my jacket and for taking the time and conversing with her! She said we made her day and gave her a smile that should last for quite some time.

(I think it made Mom's day too!) It was a great encounter!

How cool is that?!?!

I'm telling you...ALWAYS wear something to represent! Good things happen!

OT:

Ok, I've said it before and I'll say it again and again.

ALWAYS wear your Drum Corps attire!

Had to take Mom to get her glasses fixed and then we did a lil grocery shopping.

While shopping... I scooted Mom over to the side of the aisle so that a woman could easily get through in her wheelchair. Except, she drove up right next to us and stopped. So, I figured we were in the way of the products that she wanted, so, I start to scoot Mom up a lil further and the woman reaches out and grabs my arm. She smiles with tears in her eyes and I asked if she was ok or needed any help.

Come to find out...She was trying to catch up with us! She was trying to be sure that she had read my jacket correctly. The site of my Corps jacket overwhelmed her. She said it transported her back in time. She spoke of how this used to be a hotbed of Corps activity. How you used to see all kinds of Corps jackets, shirts and hats.

Not anymore. We ended up having a long conversation with her and we share mutual friends and I know some of her relatives that used to be involved locally. Of course, I told her about Diceman Radio and she was elated that I gave her all my contact info. She couldn't thank me enough for wearing my jacket and for taking the time and conversing with her! She said we made her day and gave her a smile that should last for quite some time.

(I think it made Mom's day too!) It was a great encounter!

How cool is that?!?!

I'm telling you...ALWAYS wear something to represent! Good things happen!

VERY cool story!! Thanks Nanci!!! thumbup.gif

All I have that still fits is a baseball type hat. Does that count? shutup.gif

#419----D.B, L.D.& D.D.

looks good to me

L.D. - was he ever that young? currently married to my other sweetheart

While shopping... I scooted Mom over to the side of the aisle so that a woman could easily get through in her wheelchair. Except, she drove up right next to us and stopped. So, I figured we were in the way of the products that she wanted, so, I start to scoot Mom up a lil further and the woman reaches out and grabs my arm.

OK.... this story would have been a bit different if it ended right there, with you turning around and cursing the woman out. "Hey you..... stay away from me and my mom, and don't you EVER touch me again!!!!" :tongue:

OK.... this story would have been a bit different if it ended right there, with you turning around and cursing the woman out. "Hey you..... stay away from me and my mom, and don't you EVER touch me again!!!!" :tongue:

Well, she left out part of the story...

After the chat was over, the woman said, "Have a Nice Day!" and started wheeling away.

Nanci grabbed the back of her wheelchair, whirled her around, and yelled, "Don't tell ME what to do!"

Heh...

#419----D.B, L.D.& D.D.

Okay, now that you've supplied initials, I think I recognize L.D., a fellow drummer, I believe. I have no idea who the man on the left might be, but I suspect D.D. is a very artistic individual. :thumbup:

Okay, now that you've supplied initials, I think I recognize L.D., a fellow drummer, I believe. I have no idea who the man on the left might be, but I suspect D.D. is a very artistic individual. :thumbup:

Uh oh, the Captain is on top of things. :thumbup: